To apply for this job please visit www.climatebonds.net.
|Job Title:||Partner & Relationship Manager|
|Reporting to:||Director of Client Services|
|Location:||Europe – Working remotely until further notice.
Regular visits to London & other travel
|Closing Date:||applicants will be considered on a rolling basis|
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
The strategy is to develop a large and liquid green and climate bonds market that will help drive down the cost of capital for climate projects in developed and emerging markets; to grow aggregation mechanisms for fragmented sectors; and to support governments seeking to tap debt capital markets.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds Partners Programme
Partners support investor and stakeholder outreach and education projects centered on growing robust and sustainable green bond markets that contribute to climate action and low carbon investment. Partners assist in developing initiatives to grow investment in climate finance solutions, participate in different market development committees and help define policy agendas for sector, country and sub-national green bond development programs. A list of Partners is available here.
Climate Bonds is looking for a dynamic individual with well-developed interpersonal and engagement skills to fill the newly created role of Partner and Relationship Manager (PRM). Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the PRM supports origination of future Climate Bonds Partners, including sourcing, lead-managing and conversion to partner or client status.
Working with the Director of Client Services & relevant managers the role involves identifying opportunities to build depth in strategic relationships and increasing both value and revenue over time. This will include conception, development and presentations to prospective partners and clients often with the support of relevant functional and regional teams and senior colleagues.
The PRM is also responsible for maintenance of existing partner and client relationships, account servicing & long-term retention often in close cooperation with core and regional teams.
● Working with the Partnerships team on
• Implementation of strategies and processes to increase engagement in the Partnership Program
• Identifying and acquiring new Partners
• Maintaining and developing commercial marketing collateral
• Maintaining administrative systems and customer relationship database
● Client origination, acquisition, upgrading and/or conversion
• Originating leads and supporting follow-through toward conversion
• Proposal-drafting, presentation, conversion and contract-drafting
● Client relationship management
• Taking responsibility for a package of client relationships, ensuring client upgrading and long-term retention
• Developing and delivering client content support e.g. education & awareness and briefing sessions, supporting materials and resources
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level qualifications in Marketing, Business or Economics, Climate Finance or related fields
- Fluency in English and at least one other language
- At least 2 years of experience in client relationship management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Flexible and self-motivated, with capacity to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a high-paced environment
- Understanding and/or knowledge of financial & capital markets and/or of climate change issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience or affinity with database management (e.g. SalesForce)
- Previous experience in investment management, banking or finance sector, sustainability fields
- Understanding of the role of NGOs in climate policy, investment and related fields