Due to ongoing growth across our partnerships and brand collaborations, Forest Green Rovers are looking for a Partnerships Assistant to support the Club as it enters another exciting season.
As the ‘world’s greenest football club’, we align with sustainable and ethical brands, including the likes of Quorn, Oatly, innocent, Ecotricity, Brewdog, Sea Shepherd and many more. Our Partnerships Team work with these brands on campaigns, social media engagement, stadium and online advertising, product collaborations and much more – helping them to deliver their message to our global audience – it’s an exciting function of our business, that gets lots of attention.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, this new role of Partnership Assistant will be integral to supporting the workload of this area, and you’ll be challenged on a daily basis to deliver excellence both internally and externally. You’ll work closely with the Content Team to deliver all elements of each partnership, juggling many tasks at once. It’s a varied role and full training will be provided.
What are the key aspects of the role?
- Managing communication with Partners and developing relationships for added value
- Ensuring contractual rights are delivered on time and budget (PR, branding, marketing)
- Organising partner events for both matchday and non-matchdays
- Coordinating partnership relationships across the Club: Men’s team, FGR Community, Women’s Team and Academy.
- Working closely with internal departments such as Content, Retail and Matchday
- Submitting monthly reports to the Head of Partnerships and CEO
- Full training provided
You’ll be available on home matchdays, and receive time in lieu during the week. In addition, we offer a strong package of additional benefits to all employees, including the Club’s Bonus Programme for exceptional service to our partners and fans.
Who are we looking for?
- An understanding of partnerships, PR and marketing
- Able to multi-task various projects at once
- Strong customer service and communication skills (email, phone)
- A creative but pragmatic approach
- Passionate about sustainability
- An interest in sport (ideally football) desirable but not essential
Founded in 1889, Forest Green Rovers is a football club with a rich history – but we’re at the forefront of something quite new here.
FIFA recently described us as the greenest football club in the world – it’s certainly true that no other football club in the world has put the environment at the heart of what it does, embedded it into its DNA like we do.
We’re the only club in the world to have EMAS accreditation – the gold standard of environmental management – and we’re the first and only vegan football club in the world. In 2017, we were promoted to the Football League for the first time in our history – which means we can spread our sustainability message to an even bigger audience.
Our aim is to be in the Championship within the next five years – and we’re planning to build a stadium to match those ambitions, too. Designed by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid, ‘Eco Park’ would be the only stadium in the world made entirely of wood.