Apolitical is a peer-to-peer learning and intelligence platform for government. Our mission is to make government great for citizens everywhere. We equip policymakers with the knowledge, skills and community they need to solve the world’s hardest challenges from the climate and refugee crises to cybersecurity and the future of jobs. Our platform is used by more than 90,000+ policymakers in 170+ countries ranging from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations. Disrupt100 said, “This new approach to solving common problems could potentially impact everyone on the planet.”
We are seeking a Partnerships Engagement Manager to join our Partnerships team that leads on sales and delivery to our enterprise clients. Our current enterprise revenue comes from two kinds of learning products – (a) subscriptions for a learning experience with international cohorts of public servants and (b) bespoke learning experience created for specific audiences and needs. Our clients include governments, innovative foundations and other organisations who partner with us to create inspiring and engaging learning offerings – both online and in-person. Our partners include the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, Employment and Social Development Canada, Oxford and Cambridge Universities, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and UNICEF.
The Partnerships Engagement Manager role is a full-time role and ideally based in London/UK. If you are currently based out of the UK, then you must have a right to work in the UK and you must be able to work remotely as per UK working hours.
We are seeking a Partnerships Engagement Manager to lead on recruitment and hosting of cohorts of public servants for bespoke learning experiences created for specific audiences and needs. Your manager will be the CCO.
Our bespoke learning experiences can include any of the following (all virtual):
- Online events, workshops, exchanges and networking – in isolation or a series
- Digital content delivered by email and our platform
- Online briefings and newsletters
- Online communities over whatsapp or slack
- Some combination of the above and other ideas into fellowships over several months
Your roles and responsibilities are as following:
Recruiting and onboarding potential users/learners for our bespoke learning experiences
- You will liaise with the Partnership Managers to identify ideal user/learner profile and related targets in terms of background, geography, gender, seniority and others
- You will build a detailed recruitment strategy and process tailored to meet the needs of the project
- You will lead on the recruitment as per the agreed strategy, including creating campaigns, videos, promotion materials, or other content that is effective at recruitment, and setting up application processes and systems.
- You will need to liaise with the Partnerships Managers and other teams (especially our growth team) contributing to the recruitment process
- You will provide reports to the Partnership Manager with relevant recruitment updates
Designing and delivering cohort experience for a bespoke community of users/learners
- You will be heavily involved in designing the user experience for learners when they take a bespoke course, including drawing on and weaving together our most relevant pieces of content.
- You’ll manage cohorts of learners taking specific online learning experiences together. This means that you will be the cohort’s key point of contact and responsible for their learning experience.
- You’ll promote and manage interaction and community between learners. You will use various innovative tools to nudge them for learning and increase course completion.
- You will troubleshoot any issues or queries raised by the cohort during the course
- You’ll liaise with our social learning team to provide social learning experiences for bespoke cohorts. For select online events, you’ll find and engage with speakers, source topics as needed and run the logistics.
- You will provide reports to the Partnership Manager with relevant insights and updates
Supporting and/or contributing to wider objectives of the Partnerships team
- You will liaise with the Product team to provide a seamless on-boarding experience for our bespoke users and enterprise clients
- You will track and report on metrics related to the user/learner experience for bespoke enterprise clients. These reports will be a part of larger client reports.
- You will build on existing recruitment and community management materials in order to achieve best in class standards.
- You’ll contribute to company wide learning and strategy around how we develop and price our bespoke learning experiences
- 1-3 years of experience in a communications, events or community role
- Native-level spoken and written English
- Plus : Experience with BigQuery/SQL or an email marketing software like HubSpot
- Plus: Exposure to government or foundation or a related space
- Plus: Exposure to technology start-ups, in particular product teams
- Plus: Proficiency in written and spoken French, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Flair for engaging communities, especially online communities
- Confident drafter of clear, user facing, written communications
- Excellent time management and a great ability to juggle multiple, fast-paced projects
- Absolute attention to detail – you’ll be on the frontline of sending out communications to senior public servants, i.e. our users all over the world
- Confident and calm under pressure, you’ll communicate well with a diverse range of audiences, including senior leaders and decision makers
- Excellent skills with online tools and systems and curiosity to learn new tools (eg Hubspot, Zapier)
- Ability to analyse quantitative data
- An interest in learning design and/or in policy – if you see upskilling the public service as an enormous lever for change, this is the role for you!
Indicative Salary: £30-35K
The benefits: (In addition to working with smart, kind people on one of the most important challenges of our time)
- Stock options: Our employee options plan gives you a stake in our vision.
- Flexibility: Everyone works differently. Whether it’s early mornings, late nights or a day at home, we support what gives you energy and makes you effective.
- Holidays: Unlimited holidays, trusting people to take what they need when they need. As a restorative reboot, we give everyone on the team the last Friday of every month off.
- Office: Based in the beautiful Public Hall, in the heart of Westminster and overlooking the River Thames. Our Berlin office is in the fun Mitte district.
- Maternity, paternity, and adoption leave: Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Development: Learning and development budgets for books, conferences and courses. We also offer learning days.
- Socials: Monthly board game evening (yes, we are a bit wonky) plus a range of other fun team events. We’ve taken these online since lockdown!
- Knowledge-sharing: Every Friday we have talks in the office — from team members sharing their work and from their public service members, often when visiting London from around the world.
- Wellbeing: We have registered for the UK’s Cycle-to-Work scheme, so you can buy a bike and cycling accessories tax-free. We have a fresh fruit bowl in the office. We have a subscription for all employees to HeathAssured, a leading workplace wellbeing provider.
- Library: We have a constantly growing library, to which every team member contributes their favourite book. There’s also a bigger library in Public Hall
Apolitical is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.