As Beam’s Partnerships Lead working in our Government team, you’re helping Beam grow its reputation in the public sector as a world-leading innovation in social impact.
With an excellent knowledge of the public sector’s structure and how it procures services, you’re well placed to support Beam’s expansion, both nationally and internationally.
You’re a confident presenter and natural networker across the breadth of government and employment support providers, creating visually inspired decks that inform and impress.
A firm understanding of analytics means you’re comfortable with social impact metrics and modelling the savings created by Beam for different stakeholders in the public sector.
You’ve applied your strong written skills to winning written funding applications before, and enjoy getting your head round complex ecosystems and frameworks.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
- Opening and closing partnerships in local and central government that increase Beam’s impact
- Testing and iterating the proposition for different stakeholders in government through email and in-person meetings
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam’s prospective and current government partners
- Registering Beam’s service offer on relevant procurement frameworks and bidding for new work on publicly tendered contracts
- Scoping and modelling new market opportunities eg expanding the service into new areas, working with new cohorts.
- Building a strong public sector brand for Beam through events, networking and relevant speaking opportunities
- Working with Beam’s lawyers to ensure legal compliance underpins new pieces of work
- Working to ambitious company and individual KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- >2 years high-quality professional experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a partnerships, sales or procurement role
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- An understanding of how to build and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model proposals and Beam’s potential impact on a new area of work
- Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with central and local government stakeholders
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £40-60k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- £80 monthly counselling budget
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
All our interviews are currently conducted over Zoom. It usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 2. Feedback for subsequent rounds is provided if requested.
At Beam, we work hard to build diverse teams and believe diverse teams are the most impactful. We’re especially excited to hear from BAME candidates or those with lived experience of social disadvantage.
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and make a real difference, get in touch.