// Who are we?
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. In 2021 after closing a Series B funding round (we are awaiting full public announcement before we can share the money raised). The Onto team is looking to radically enhance the customer experience and set us up for explosive growth. Come and join us – you’re in for an exciting ride!
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry
// The Role
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic, process orientated Payments Administrator. This key role is to support the wider Loss Prevention department driving alignment between our customers and business processes. All with the focus of minimising any financial impacts associated with the use of our vehicle subscription service in the fairest way. This is an integral role to the Onto customer experience, you will be a main point of contact when it comes to notifying customers of charges and clarifying what the charges relate to. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all issues relating to financial loss are dealt with in a consistent way and documented appropriately
- Work with the Onto development and wider operations team to ensure financial risk is minimized at the earliest opportunity
- Handling and processing of Penalty charge notices, speeding fines and any traffic offenses issued against Onto vehicles
- Handling and processing of all other charges including Miles Overage and Damages, overstay fees.
- Liaising with authorities to ensure loss is escalated legally and consequences are robustly adhered to when users breach our terms and conditions
- Determining the difference between honest and fraudulent claims
- Investigate any disputes or complaints that may be submitted to the department such as payment chargebacks.
- Calling customers to notify them of debt related to fees outside of their subscription.
We may be looking to change shift patterns in the near future, where the 5 day week would start on Wednesday and end on Sunday so that we have weekend cover.
// A bit about you
This role would suit someone who is passionate about operating within a fast-paced, quickly growing company that is looking to be challenged and grow. The ideal candidate will operate in a structured and logical way, ensuring that our Loss Prevention department is run in an efficient and compassionate manner.
- Demonstrative administrative experience, (a year) showing highly organised working practices
- Previous use of payment systems such as Stripe.
- Previous experience on CRM platforms such as Hubspot.
- Excellent English language and literacy skills (GCSE Grade B or above)
- Commitment to the role with the correct attitude and drive to succeed
- An individual who has a puzzle-solving mind frame and high attention to detail
- IT literate, confident in the use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office or other CRM platforms
- Previous experience as a claims handler
- Experience in Fraud / Loss Prevention / Assessor roles / Customer service
// What we can offer
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Off-sites / digital company meetups
- Contribution to a Personal Pension Scheme
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £20,000 – £24,00 based on experience