We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100. Now we’re looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
Who we’re looking for?
As a Payments and Collections Advisor, you will be speaking to customers, often in financial difficulty, ultimately seeking to bring accounts out of debt, whilst providing excellent quality service. You will be multi-skilled, developing an understanding of the energy business and how it relates to our customers and their billing, as well as assisting with administrative tasks for the smooth running of the team.
We are looking to consider candidates with a strong background in a consumer facing payments or credit control/accounts receivable role. A good understanding of systems, dunning processes and a confident email and phone manner is highly desirable. Experience in billing and tariffs is also important.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work a ticketing system of overdue and collections cases, involving every stage of arrears.
- Negotiate payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly Direct Debit.
- Make outbound and receive inbound contacts (calls and emails) from customers unable or unwilling to maintain payments.
- Engage with third party debt collection teams to help manage escalated debt circumstances.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered to all customers and our internal and external partners.
- Working within all company guidelines for SLAs and Data Protection.
- Ensure the department achieves its monthly objectives.
- Implement and be able to demonstrate an understanding of our automation systems.
- Prioritise your own workload and demonstrate flexibility.
- Experience negotiate payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly Direct Debit.
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of delivering against targets or KPIs
- The ability to priorities your own work to deliver the best outcomes
- Previous experience in Customer service or Accounts payable
What’s in it for you?
- £25,600 and performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Ongoing support and development
- Free daily breakfast
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent transport links
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
- At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
Current Working hours: 08:30-17:30 Monday-Friday
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply making sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.