We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We’re looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our finance team, as part of OVO Energy. Working within a small, fast-paced team environment, the role will be key in assisting the Payroll Manager with the smooth running of our payroll processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the timely and accurate processing of the monthly payrolls
- Assist with the processing and distribution of all P11D/P60s.
- Assist with the starters and leavers process from a payroll perspective
- Ensure payroll variations are all up to date to include additions, deductions and any variable pay issues that arise.
- Collate and process all overtime hours
- Assist with the monthly pension and workplace benefits processes
- Resolve payroll queries within SLAs set
- Responsible for the issuing of all leaver payslips and P45s
- Administration and calculation of statutory leave (SAP, SPP, SMP, SSP, SHPP)
- Responsible for the distribution of court order remittances
- Responsible for all incoming HMRC notifications
- Responsible for post payroll reporting
- Carry out general administrative tasks to assist the finance team
Do I have what it takes?
You will be an experienced payroll professional and super organised with the ability to manage strict deadlines, paying close attention to detail with the ability to work accurately and efficiently.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 2 years previous payroll experience
- The ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with meeting multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as a part of the wider team
- A comprehensive knowledge of MS Word and Excel and Google equivalents
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience working with Workday
- A payroll qualification or are working towards one
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.