Payroll Testing Specialist (Contract)
Job type: Day rate contractor
Engagement length: 2 months+
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Following the acquisition by OVO of SSE retail, we are looking for a Payroll Testing/Data Specialist to join our Finance team in Bristol, to test and analyse our payroll systems and data as part of integrating both business onto the same payroll and systems. Contract will also extend to support the payroll team with Payroll go live.
What will I be doing?
You will be helping to define and oversee testing requirements and encompass end to end and parallel testing of the system. This will include overseeing and running user testing, ensuring that all test scenarios are defined. You will be liaising with all business partners, project managers, end users and other groups to ensure all criteria of testing are fulfilled.
You will analyse data to ensure we have all relevant data for migration of the payroll.
Will also be part of the payroll team to help support the current payroll process and help prepare the payroll team for the upcoming integration of the new payroll along with mapping and documenting payroll processes..
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute Test and analyse/Document Results
- Ensure the agreed test load ensures adequate test coverage
- Analysis of design documents and blue print to support with test script writing and execution
- Ensure that all testing is complete and adheres to design, correct calculation and pro ration requirements, along with business requirement, and payroll compliance/legislation
- Analyse, test and review data for parallel run
- Ensure we have all data required for parallel run, and system configuration to hold historical data to build year to date values
- Write detailed payroll process notes
- Support payroll team during Payroll go live
Is this the job for me?
You will have extensive payroll knowledge with the ability to test the payroll systems and identify any gaps in design, process, data and/or system configuration. You will have top excel skills and the ability to map and analyse data. You will have great attention to detail and excellent time management skills to enable you to meet strict project deadlines.
Ideally you will have:
- Workday Payroll experience
- Knowledge of and experience with tools such as GSuite, Jira, and Test rail
- CIPP Qualified or an equivalent payroll qualification
- At least 2 year data analyst experience
- At least 2 years testing experience
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.