We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with face to face training experience who thrives on preparing for (materials) and delivering high-quality training. The candidate must have excellent communication skills together with a can-do attitude and enjoy day-to-day problem solving.
Working as part of the Training and Support team, this role is essential for the successful delivery of Peek Eye Health Programmes as you will train partners on the use of Peek software. The Training and Support team delivers partner training on Peek programmes around the world and provides second-line support to our partners.
This role comprises two elements; 1) Leading on the training of partner trainers, including the establishment of good training practices and also actively contributing to the team’s goals, objectives and values, 2) participation in everyday Quality
Assurance activities to ensure the product is fit for partners use and their knowledge and understanding of the product is up-to-date.
Responsibilities and Attributes
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- ● Work toward Peek’s goal to streamline tools and processes for provision of scalable training, working closely with team members to co-create, deliver and continuously improve training process and training materials for rapid adoption of Peek’s software
- ● Train partners remotely and, on occasion, in-country on Peek software in line with Peek training best practices
- ● Work with Quality Assurance & Technical Support to assist by testing, including provision of second line technical support to partners, and ensure maintaining expertise in the Peek product
- ● Ensure clear, concise and timely communication with all those involved (internally and externally) in the delivery and receipt of training, joining externally facing calls to provide training perspective and expertise where needed.
- ● Ensure training is connected to the programme delivery cycle and providing internal Peek software training to Peek staff specifically ensuring Peek Programme Team members are equipped to support the partner training need.
The key attributes of the role are:
- ● Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- ● Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to excel
under tight deadlines
- ● Ability to work and collaborate remotely across Peek teams
- ● Experience delivering remote training to trainees located in different countries
and with multiple audiences
- ● A great relationship builder, with the ability to connect to different types of
people and cultures
- ● Self motivated and fast learner
- ● Excels developing, managing and using online training platforms, MS Office
applications and comfortable engaging with new technology (e.g. Jira,
Eloomi, Monday.com etc.)
- ● Ability to describe our products and services clearly over the phone, virtually
and by email to our partners
- ● Ability to represent Peek and its values to stakeholders and partners
- ● Ability to deliver training and support consistently in line with process and
- ● Experience of public health programmes preferable
Team: Training and Support team
Travel: Up to 30% of the working time will be spent on Programmes outside of your
Location: Remote working. Proximity to Nairobi (Kenya), Gaborone (Botswana) or London (UK) is a plus as many of our team are based near these locations.
Poor vision and blindness are the world’s most neglected disabilities. Millions of people worldwide are held back because they don’t live near eye health facilities or can’t access treatment. Most people affected by blindness and poor eyesight live in low- and middle-income countries, and young people, older people and women carry the greatest burden.
Peek Vision is a social enterprise which develops evidence-based smartphone tools to improve access to eye care. We develop software, hardware and data visualisations to help health services sustainably improve access to eye care. Peek is developing these systems with its partners to reach the people who most need access to eye care in low- and middle-income countries.
Peek is an impact-driven organisation, always focused on the people and communities who can benefit the most from improved eye care. We are registered in Botswana and the UK with a remote-first approach to staffing locations. Our team works with partners across the world to bring better vision and health to everybody. To find out more, visit www.peekvision.org.
Peek Capture is a smartphone app that allows non-specialists – such as teachers and
community health workers – to conduct vision screening and eye health surveys in
homes, communities and schools. It integrates the visual acuity check from our award-winning Peek Acuity Android App, allowing anyone to check visual acuity using a smartphone.
Peek Admin is a web platform that displays the real-time data entered in Capture, allowing healthcare providers to understand where the need is greatest and how to improve services.
They are used to power our two main offers:
Peek for School and Community Eye Health Programmes
We use Peek Capture to help eye health providers reach communities and join up local services, while data from Peek Admin helps ensure those who need treatment are reached. We offer our public health expertise to adapt the solutions to local needs and help partners analyse the data for iterative improvement.
We have supported eye health programmes in Pakistan, India, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Botswana with more set to launch in Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Peek for RAAB7
RAAB (Rapid Assessment of Avoidable Blindness) is a rapid survey methodology developed at ICEH (International Centre for Eye Health) to identify the prevalence of eye health issues in a given population. Identifying population need is the first step to advocating for and designing impactful programmes.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 16th July, clearly stating the job title in the subject line of your email.
Peek is an equal opportunity employer. Peek will not discriminate and will take measures to
ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment,
compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any
employee or job applicant on the bases of age, disability, gender, marital status, parenthood,
race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor which may be deemed
discriminatory. Further the diversity of our team is important and crucial to our impact and we
seek to ensure our team has affinities or links to the communities where we are most active.
Job Description : Peek Solutions Trainer