It’s an exciting time to join Cervest. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ is an automated climate risk impact discovery tool that measures the impact of climate change on physical assets like buildings.
Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a climate tech company building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
Our platform will allow organisations to understand the climate risk across all their assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth. Data engineering plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality. The team supports the acquisition, ingestion, processing and hosting of any data and designs, and delivers infrastructure to support efficiency and innovation at scale.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We’re looking for an organised, switched on and self-driven People Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. You will be supporting the People Operations team with the coordination of the recruitment process as well as the coordination of the employee onboarding program.
This role is a great opportunity that would suit an ambitious and organised individual looking to further develop in a fast paced, varied and proactive role. You will need to be resilient, great at prioritising and managing your own time as well as a fantastic team player.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company at a critical point of fast growth.
● Coordinate onboarding of new joiners and off board leavers
● Provide overall administrative support and coordination for recruitment needs
● Coordinate social team bonding activities in collaboration with the Operations team
● Support seamless communication between and across teams
● Additional projects to increase team effectiveness and collaboration
- Prior experience in either a recruitment or HR function
- A very organised approach and focus on efficiency
- Prior experience using Applicant Tracking Software (we use Workable)
- The ability to plan your own work, use your initiative and meet deadlines
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands, and prioritise tasks and workload
- You’re brilliant at thinking 2 steps ahead but also like to double check your work
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Reliability, honesty and collaboration
- A natural aptitude for personal continuous learning as well as teaching others
Nice to Haves:
- Interest in sustainability and climate change
- Interest in mission-driven businesses that involve technology
- Experience working with remote teams
- Project-management skills (formal qualifications not necessary)
- A technical background or experience
- Interest in picking up new skills and keen to grow in the people operations team
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic teammates
We are a remote-first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within 1 time zone of the UK.
We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values
- Salary £30,000 to £33,000
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.