To apply for this job please visit careers.ovo.com.
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The OVO People team is undergoing a transformation to support the company’s achievement of Plan Zero.
Part of that transformation involves the creation of a ‘People Hub’ to manage the operational aspects of the People function. A People Shared Service team (People Services) will sit within the People Hub and be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate resolution of cross functional, complex issues including employee and manager queries across a range of People processes spanning the employee lifecycle.
This is a new team within OVO and the People Services Advisors will be the ‘front of house’ of the People Team, responsible for delivering a seamless, accessible and agile service to our employees and managers. Consequently, we are looking for individuals who act with an ‘employee experience mindset’ and take ownership in delivering end-to-end employee lifecycle processes. To ensure an interactive people experience, a digital first approach will be deployed with the use of core systems such as Workday and Jira.
What will I be doing?
- Be the owner and execute end-to-end transactional employee lifecycle processes
- Provide timely and accurate ‘first-line’ advice and guidance to employees and line managers for all People related queries, focusing on delivering an exceptional employee experience
- Demonstrate high proficiency in People processes, policies and standard operating procedures
- Using People modules of Workday on a daily basis and managing a job ticketing system called Jira
- Act as a point of escalation to triage complex and/or sensitive queries to appropriate owners (inside and outside of the People Team) and ensure employees receive an accurate timely response first time every time
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain relevant content and policy documents to ensure accuracy and compliance at all times
- Be the change agent to coach and upskill employees and line managers on self service, using a full suite of digital enablers
- Actively seek opportunities to drive process and/or content improvements
- Have the ability to challenge current processes or ways of working where required to ensure business integrity and data compliance
- Continuously share knowledge and best practices within the People Services team to improve team collaboration and service delivery as a team
- Support ad hoc People projects where required
Is this the job for me?
- Proven expertise as an People Services delivery specialist
- Competence in using People / HR Workday modules (or similar HRIS)
- Experience of using Jira (or similar) ticketing system
- Demonstrable understanding of core People processes, policies and standard operating procedures
- A proven track record of delivering high quality, customer orientated, People services to meet required SLAs and KPIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with employees and colleagues
- Results focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Proactive in achieving results and seeking improvements
- Attention to detail and an ability to work towards tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application