The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Following the acquisition of the larger Energy Services business Ovo’s People team is undergoing a transformation to support the company’s achievement of Plan Zero
Part of that transformation involves the creation of a ‘People Hub’ to manage the operational aspects of the People function. A People Shared Service team will sit within the People Hub and be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate resolution of cross functional, complex issues including employee and manager queries across a range of People processes spanning the employee lifecycle.
This is a new team within Ovo and the Team Lead will be involved in the scoping, resourcing, implementation and, ultimately, running of the People Services function. Consequently, we are looking for someone who has demonstrated their ability to build and run a high performing People Service team. This role is also responsible for reporting and analytics and the continual improvement of service levels.
The People Services team will initially consist of c. 12FTE (TBC) and focus on servicing Ovo’s UK businesses and employees. However, it is anticipated that the scale, and potentially the geographical coverage, of the team’s service delivery will expand in line with Ovo’s growth aspirations.
What will I be doing?
- Create and enhance end to end People processes to support the employee lifecycle
- Build, coach, train and manage the People Services team to:
- Manage the execution of People processes
- Provide ‘first-line’ advice and guidance to line managers and employees in the application of People policies
- Analyse key performance data to recommend and implement continuous process improvements and other efficiencies
- Manage performance and professional development of the team
- Ensure data integrity in systems and ensure relevant audit controls are in place
- Lead/delegate the project management of key projects and contribute to projects in the wider People Hub and People Team
- Consult with key stakeholders to understand business needs
- Act as a point of escalation for team members to resolve any complex issues
- Oversee operational execution, service quality and standards, and financial management of the team
- Ensure adherence to risk, compliance, and data protection standards for across designated process areas
- Balance resource allocation to query and transaction volumes, including analysing query/transaction types and volume to promote efficiency and effectiveness of delivery
- Conduct root cause analysis for key issues, supported by data from Jira, advising management of trends or patterns
- Provide routine quality control checks as needed
- Provide routine reporting
Is this the job for me?
- Proven expertise as an People Services delivery specialist and in developing People Shared Services strategy
- Demonstrated and thorough understanding of core People processes and People management practices
- A proven track record of delivering high quality, customer orientated, People Shared services through an empowered high performing team to meet required SLAs and KPIs
- An understanding of how KPIs support the business and drive company-wide performance improvement
- Strong analytics, business, and financial acumen, with the ability to use data to identify issues and drive decisions
- Strong people management skills to include coaching, developing and performance management of others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with your colleagues and senior managers
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to identify root causes and impacts
- Experience in the practical application of business process re-engineering along with a systems led approach to delivering service improvements through a range of technology solutions ideally including Workday’s HCM and related modules
- Demonstrated competence in us of Workday (or similar HRIS) and Jira (or similar) ticketing system
- Change and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field (or practical experience which provides the equivalent level of HR understanding)
- Managerial experience in a corporate HR generalist or client services role
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application