Hello, we’re SSE Energy Services. We’re part of OVO Group, a family of brands on a mission to drive progress towards zero carbon living.
We’re proud to supply energy to millions of homes in the UK. We even offer broadband, boiler and heating cover. Bringing life’s essentials to all corners of the country.
We’re here to keep the UK running, street by street, home by home. Doing our bit to make everyday life easier. Being here for people when they need us most. And making sure every home works brilliantly, no matter what it takes.
But bringing people exceptional service and clever ways to save money, isn’t easy. We need the brightest brains and the best kind of people to help us.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Get in touch!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working in the Commercial Team at SSE as part of the Partnerships channel, where we manage over 100 external partnerships and bring c. 200k valuable customers per annum into the OVO Group.
As well as being the largest customer acquisition channel in the Group, Partnerships is contributing to Plan Zero through booking smart meters in void and tenanted properties, and delivering value for the Group through Tili and other onboarding tools.
What will I be doing?
The Partnerships Insight function exists to support the business by delivering excellent insight, reporting and analytics. You will be the subject matter expert on data analysis and visualisation, responsible for the provision of high quality insight to support and grow the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop reporting and dashboards which drive business decision making whilst continually pushing the business towards self service analytics.
- Contributing to monthly and quarterly management packs. You will be comfortable providing insight to a senior level, identifying trends, risks and opportunities and making recommendations to drive the business forward.
- Performance forecasting, providing insight and modelling to assist target and budget setting, supporting insight with robust assumptions highlighting risks and opportunities.
Is this the job for me?
This is a pivotal role within the channel and as part of a new insight team it’s important that you are a self starter capable of driving initiatives forward and supporting continuous improvement.
Ideally you will:
- Have 3+ years experience working in an analytical role with experience report building and delivering analysis and insight.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be able to evidence competency in a similar business or can evidence the ability to quickly get up to speed.
- Have a passion for automation; identifying opportunities to streamline reporting and remove manual processes.
- Have had previous experience within a complex analytical and insight-driven environment
- Be expert in the Microsoft Suite of Analytics tools such as SQL Server Management Studio (inc. SSIS, SSRS and SSAS) and Power BI for dashboard building and visualisation.
- Have experience linking/working with data in a cloud environment such as Azure (preferred), AWS or Google Cloud.
- Have exceptional data visualisation skills with the ability to articulate complex data problems in a simple impactful manner.
- Have experience building reports from scratch, working closely with a Developer/Engineer to articulate requirements and troubleshoot/triage issues.
- Be a self starter, confident managing self to deliver high quality work on time.
- Be able to build reports from scratch, and successfully troubleshoot/triage reporting issues.
- Have demonstrably strong analytical skills, close attention to detail and results focus.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.