The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be supporting a member of the Executive team. This is an excellent opportunity for a business focussed EA who would like to gain further exposure in a fast-paced technology environment. Reporting into our C-suite team, you will be of invaluable support to the executive team, helping them to make the best use of their time and to the greatest effect.
What will I be doing?
This role is fundamental in providing professional organisational and admin support as required. This could range from diary and travel management to assisting in planning and executing leadership events, away days across the business. The role is varied and fast-paced so it requires somebody adaptable and organised to ensure the executive’s time is maximised and that their diary and office runs smoothly.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Diary management and workload management, including the creation of processes as appropriate to improve smooth running of diaries
- Assist with events management, team meetings and supporting with Group events when required
- Processing and managing expenses, invoices and purchase orders
- Building Agendas for internal/external team meetings
- Minute taking and ensure all actions are captured and followed up
- Ensure your stakeholders are fully prepared for all meetings (appropriate documents printed and operational technical equipment)
- Carry out research and present findings when required
- Proactive follow up of management meeting and offsite actions with key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery
- Arrange travel including flights, hotel bookings, currency (as required), car parking and hire etc.
- Create travel itineraries when required
Is this the job for me?
You will be a bright, proactive, reliable and experienced PA who is self motivated, organised and efficient.
You will be forward thinking with an adaptable approach to your work, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience in a PA role
- Ability to organise, prioritise workload and demonstrate adaptability
- Goal and deadline oriented
- Self-driven and motivated, with an ability to show initiative in all situations and the ability to take responsibility for actions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Confidentiality is a must– this role is party to highly sensitive information, which is important in both protecting our employees and our business
- IT literacy across a variety of tools; experience in Google Suite and Workday is preferred.
- Excellent literacy and written skills, reporting skills
- Excellent verbal communication
- The ability to challenge and see beyond current state – spot opportunity for process improvement and act upon these observations
- The ability to pre-empt the needs and diary requirements of your stakeholders to ensure things run smoothly
- Comfortable communicating with members of staff from all levels and areas of the business
- A hands on approach, flexible attitude and happy working as a team with the EA/PAs to ensure a consistent approach to ways of working
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.