At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat seeks a highly analytical Planner/Buyer temp to join our team. As a planner, you not only keep track of inventory, anticipate demand, and suggest purchases to ensure production continuity, but also serve as a subject matter expert.
A successful candidate in this role can blend quantitative research and qualitative analysis to anticipate market trends and suggest purchases to maintain suitable stock levels. They are also proficient in communicating market trends and are constantly looking to learn and improve their processes and forecasts.
- Uses materials requirements planning (MRP), ERP transactions (NetSuite), Excel and Google docs to plan and ensure material availability
- Proactively manage and monitor incoming material vs. demand.
- Proactively drives material plan to achieve customer commitments and operations delivery objectives
- Monitors and maintain current inventory levels for small-medium scale CoMans
- Understands manufacturing capacity availability and schedules production consistent with company needs and manufacturing limitations.
- Works with partner organizations to align production requirements with needs as necessary.
- Ensures Beyond Meat has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials
- Implement and measure schedule adherence for root cause analysis
- Partner with quality/engineering/ R&D to ensure materials are efficiently evaluated to meet requirements
- Analyzing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory
- Collaborate with engineering and R&D to manage project work and trial requirements within the production schedule.
- Maintain ERP settings to drive system accuracy and reduce requirement for external data modeling.
- Completes special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience as a planner/buyer
- Experience using quantitative tools (Excel, Tableau, SQL)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word. Advanced report writing experience, pivot table experience and data graphing a plus
- College-level math skills, including the ability to calculate percentages and margins
- Working knowledge of ERP inventory systems (NetSuite, SAP, Oracle or JD Edwards)
- Creative, problem solving mindset
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.