Shape History is looking for candidates with 3+ years of experience in account management. Through your experience of managing and delivering communications projects, account management and working with multiple partners, you will be responsible for project managing our social impact projects.
We’re on the hunt for an organised individual with a strategic mindset who loves working on long-term impactful projects. Sounds like you? This full-time role will be perfect for you. It will involve you managing and coordinating different stakeholders both nationally and globally.
How you’ll be shaping history everyday:
- Be the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your partnerships, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of high quality assets and expertise according to our partners’ needs and objectives.
- You will engage with partners to understand their objectives and outcomes to design communication-based interventions
- Develop communications action plans, coordinate their approval with multiple partners, and ensure effective implementation and measurement.
- Schedule and lead on regular meetings/check-ins with partners, plan the agendas, confirm attendees, and present work when required.
- Proactively offer advice, guidance, and suggestions to partners that you believe will advance and improve the project outcomes, either strategically and/or creatively.
- Build, maintain, and evolve strong, long-lasting partnerships, and where necessary, facilitate consultation workshops.
- Embrace full autonomy over your work, understanding every aspect of the projects you run, including timelines, deliverables, and budgets, and ensure project management documents and software (Monday.com) are kept up to date.
- Anticipate workloads in advance and preemptively flag any potential disruptions to ensure your projects run according to plan.
- Manage your projects’ production budget and input receipts/invoices on the accountancy platform Xero as required.
- Ensure every piece of work undergoes appropriate quality checks and proofing before being sent externally to partners or published.
- You may consult strategically with our partners. Some tasks may include: creating key messaging for audiences, conducting SWOT analysis, and participating in consultation workshops.
- Work closely with our internal team to identify additional skill sets and expertise that may need to be introduced to the partnership, including Strategy, Creative, Digital or others.
- Contribute to writing op-eds and/or blogs for partners on key issues within their sector, or for the Shape History Hub.
- Lead on meetings with our partners, run the agendas, and present work when required.
You’re good at:
- A confident, organised individual, with at least 3 years’ experience of account management and communications planning with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A respectful and competent leader but also a fantastic collaborator with the utmost confidence to push our partners beyond their comfort zones, in a respectful way.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, fast thinking and easily adaptable to any quick changes.
- Very good organisational skills and understands how to balance multiple projects at once.
- Comfortable working under tight timelines and in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven, quality written communication skills, understanding how to communicate to various audiences in a way that they’d understand.
- You are a total team player and enjoy collaborating with our team members.
- Exceptional presentation skills, with confidence speaking to a room of partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent initiative and a proactive problem-solving approach to your work.
- A campaigner mindset – someone who can demonstrate and communicate passion for specific causes.
- Experience of working with all GSuite packages (Drive, Gmail, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Willing to roll up sleeves during short intensive sprints to ensure success of campaigns.
Extra bit of awesome:
- Knowledge and background in the social impact sector, whether that be working with charities, NGOs, funders, or institutions.
- Experience with creating campaigns, from start to finish.
- Agency-specific experience.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing communications action plans.
Base salary of £28,000-£33,500 depending on experience + annual discretionary bonus
Wednesday 28th July, at 10am BST
As part of our process, we use blind recruitment in our first round of applications. This is part of a wider race equity strategy at Shape History. When applying for this role, you will be taken to a Typeform link where you’ll be asked a series of questions. The next round of the process will include interviewing a select few candidates.
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. There is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this at Shape History. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are working to address.