We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working within the Portfolio Analytics team within Finance, you will work on diverse and high value problems impacting many areas of the business.
You will work in a team of ~5 analysts with a wide range of skills and knowledge and will have the opportunity to work collaboratively on large projects as well as having ownership of processes and delivering analysis independently. You must be able to work with key stakeholders to understand, summarise and visualise complex problems, using data to inform business decisions.
Portfolio Analytics seeks to use modern analytic and data engineering tools, combined with a deep understanding of the industry, to solve critical problems throughout the business. With responsibilities including: automated delivery of critical financial reporting; mining complex data to recover financial benefit across our customer billing and industry settlement; and providing vital insight to senior management, you can be guaranteed to have an impact in this role.
We use a wide range of tools including SQL (Bigquery), Python, Git and Tableau. Technical development is a key focus within the team and we are always seeking to learn and implement the latest tools and best practices, as well as upskilling team members.
What will I be doing?
Within Portfolio Analytics you’ll have the opportunity to work on problems such as:
- Delivering and maintaining business systems and processes associated with providing Energy volumes and revenues for the whole Portfolio for critical financial reporting.
- Build and maintain monitoring and process controls for OVOs Portfolio data to ensure accurate data is available and used for critical business decisions eg. delivering accurate Trade Reports to the Energy Trading team
- Developing complex models working with huge volumes of data
- Manipulating and cleansing core Industry and Business data to feed into our models in an automated way
- Creating novel insight analytics, and developing this into automated processes where appropriate.
- Creating impactful reporting and decision making tools for very high value decisions
- Classification, clustering and anomaly detection problems
- Data pipelining and ETL
- Automating, improving, testing and documenting processes
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- A strong mathematical background
- Experience developing analytical computer models
- Drive to learn and develop new skills to suit the work
- Demonstrable high attention to detail
- Confident managing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Ability to take ownership of projects to build complex new models
- Transparent work that makes things simple for the wider team.
- A creative thinker who thrives off direct responsibility and delivering value
- Degree level (2:1 or better in numerical or science based subject preferred)
- Programming experience, ideally SQL and Python or similar
- Reporting experience, ideally using Tableau
- Comfortable writing repeatable code, using Git and documenting processes
- Strong data manipulation skills
- Energy industry and/or settlement knowledge a plus
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.