With Electric Vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director of Hardware, U.S
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and versatile Power Electronics Engineer to help ensure that our products meet high design, development and production quality. The role will play a key cross-functional role to drive many aspects including developing and production of high quality power systems.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Design and development of high voltage and high power AC to DC and or DC to DC converters.
- Strong electrical/electronic fundamentals knowledge and an understanding of system level engineering tradeoffs.
- Experience of testing/developing/debugging analog and digital circuitry in a lab environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to identify and resolve project demands as they arise.
- An appreciation of the issues surrounding power electronics design in a cross functional team (software, mechanical, power and thermal)
- Must be inventive, curious, and creative as well as fanatical about cost, quality, and building market leading products.
- Must have a successful record developing complex products placed into production.
- 3-5 years of experience developing power electronics products.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or related discipline.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.