To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
We are looking for a Masters/PHD Electrical Engineering candidate to join our growing Power System Engineering team in Gateshead. You will support the business in performing complex electrical design power system analysis to maximize the value of projects and manage technical risk.
- Assist in developing and implementing static, dynamic and transient models for electrical power systems (distribution & transmission), generation projects, wind turbines, solar PV, voltage source inverters, energy storage and hybrid generation systems
- Assist in developing control algorithms, control system models and solutions to complex network characteristics and performance requirements through analysis
- Preparation and review of study scopes, methodologies and reports based on requirements of internal or external clients
- Performing electrical design studies including load flow, short circuit, voltage profile, voltage regulation, electrical system losses and insulation coordination
- Performing compliance studies including harmonic analysis, transient analysis, voltage control and fault ride through
- Production of high-quality reports and presentations documenting study findings, results and recommendations
- Interpretation of simulation data and results to provide robust technical recommendations on technical performance requirements
- Basic knowledge of electrical power system modelling and analysis
- Basic knowledge of transmission and distribution system plant and its application, including the planning criteria, specifications and design requirements
- Understanding of generation, control systems, control algorithms and power electronics
- Ability of work towards International standards (BS, IEC, IEEE, ANSI, AS/NZ) on electrical systems and renewable energy-based plant and power quality
- Ability to work towards the understanding of International Grid Connection Compliance requirements (UK, US and Australia), reactive power, voltage control, frequency response and fault ride through
- Electrical studies using Digsilent, PSS/E, PSCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, IPSA
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret complex technical documentation
- Ability to define requirements with the customer and deliver to scope, budget and programme
- Desire to manage multiple concurrent tasks from multiple projects and clients
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and interact with internal and external clients
- PhD or Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power System Engineering or equivalent qualification
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.