Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
About the Role
The PR & Communications Manager is an exciting role where you will work alongside the CMO, your marketing, sales and product colleagues, as well as the executive team, to showcase the impact of our work to a global audience starting within the USA and the UK, and then across the world. You will be one of the first marketing team hires and have a unique opportunity to be part of a global marketing team that is being built from the ground up.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Managing all public relations and external communications activities, including media relations, speaking and thought leadership programmes
- Developing and implementing strategic PR plans to grow brand awareness in support of Cervest’s category leadership goals, including strategy, budget and tactics
- Developing and implementing press strategies to support key initiatives, events (i.e product launches), securing prominent placements in tech, business and vertical media (print, broadcast and online) to reach target audiences
- Leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within business and industry media
- Managing all media inquiries and interview requests, including creating briefing materials and prepping spokespeople
- Creating content for press releases, byline articles, infographics, position papers, op-eds, keynote presentations, podcasts, etc.
- Identifying and crafting great stories from across the business to develop stories and pitch angles for media
- Evaluating opportunities for industry partnerships and sponsorships on an on-going basis
- Supporting Cervest’s presence at key Industry events and trade shows, including COP26
- Identifying and managing programme partnerships and collaboration opportunities with key industry organisations
- Building relationships with thought leaders and advocates
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement social media strategies and content to engage audiences across traditional and new media and to advance the profile of the Cervest brand
- Managing external PR agency/agencies in the UK and the USA
- Collaborating with Operations & People Team on internal communications, ensuring alignment in messaging for internal and external audiences
- Serving as a guardian and steward of our company and brand reputation
- Managing crisis communications if/when needed
- Maintaining an understanding of industry trends affecting existing and potential clients and making appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Developing and delivering media training for key spokespeople
- Monitoring, reviewing and communicating PR results across the business
- Developing, owning, managing and reporting on the PR budget
This role requires an experienced candidate with strong business (commercial) acumen and a comprehensive understanding of the B2B media and PR system in the UK, USA and Europe.
You’ll also have experience in:
- B2B PR programme leadership and hands-on management (ideally around 10 years)
- Creating, leading and executing successful PR strategies to support successive product launches at a national and international level, including UK/Europe/USA
- Excelling in a fast paced B2B startup environment
- Cultivating relationships with national and international tech, business and industry media outlets
- Background in science or related analytical fields, industry experience in fintech, artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, cybersecurity or climate tech is preferred. Able to translate complex info into compelling media stories
- Managing financial and industry analyst relationships is desirable
- Planning digital and in person events
- Working from a blank piece of paper
- Flexing between strategy and execution on a daily basis
- Designing and managing metrics and KPIs
- Confident and influential, able to communicate effectively with executives and across departments
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator with native speaker level English language
- Collaborative by nature, keen to find solutions across functions and departments
- Able to function in a dynamic and fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- Interested in science, AI or analytics, either from your education, your professional or personal life
- Keen to make an impact in a commercially-orientated, mission-driven organisation
As well as working as part of a passionate and focused team and the thrill of knowing that you’re helping address one of the biggest problems our planet faces, you’ll also be rewarded with a whole host of benefits for both your professional and personal wellbeing, including:
- £55K – £75K, depending on experience
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- A remote first working environment with flexibility in working times – the focus is on getting the job done, not just being sat at a desk
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions within and across teams and ‘Ask Me Anything’ sessions with company leadership
- Opportunity to have genuine input and impact and help build the company culture as it grows
- Access to Spill, for video or text-based counselling and holistic mental health support
- £1,000 annually to help you expand your knowledge through training, books and wider development activities
- Opportunities to learn from leading experts at organisations including the Alan Turing Institute and the Met Office
- The opportunity to use 10% of your time on projects that help the company’s overall mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- Up to £1,000 on a bike via the cycle-to-work scheme
- And in keeping with the climate consciousness goals that are at the very core of this company, you’ll also have your very own plant that you own and take care of!