To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are an ethical, planet friendly energy company who were founded in 2017. We want to put you in charge of your energy usage and help keep the planet a cleaner, greener place!
Using mainly renewable energy, we want to provide a simple, fair and affordable solution for all our customers, including those currently in fuel poverty.
Who are we?
What do we want to do?
- Eradicate fuel poverty
- Put 1million customers in charge of their energy use
- Bring trust back to the energy market
- Give 75% of our profits back to our customers
About the role
To ensure that People’s Energy prices are optimised for the company’s long term objectives and short term tactical trading needs, taking in to consideration customer numbers and margin requirements.
- Developing pricing systems and models, in collaboration with Finance and Hedging teams.
- Monitor pricing operations, ensuring accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Undertaking market and competitor analysis to anticipate and adjust for trends and propose and make adjustments to maintain strong commercial position
- Support the total pricing procedure, enhancing processes to ensure timely responses to market conditions and competitor activity
- Building strong relationship with Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure an integrated approach in order to optimise commercial position
- Close collaboration with the Finance and Hedging teams, to align pricing position with wholesale market price, hedging position and margin requirement
- Highly analytical, used to building and manipulating complex Excel models and presenting easily digestible outputs
- Commercial awareness with a strong ability to interpret outcomes and deliver commercial insight to influence decision making
- Experience of working within fast moving, agile and innovative environments; adaptable and flexible, responding positively to changing requirements with a ‘can-do’ and ‘make-it-happen’ attitude.
- Customer focused and passionate about achieving high levels of excellence
- Ability to manage, influence and work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
- Exceptional IT and data analysis skills required, to ensure sales data is analysed methodically and key insights derived from sales and market data
- Solid understanding and experience of the energy and utilities sector or similar (e.g. telco, retail financial services)
- Used to working in a regulated environment which affects pricing operations and demonstrated ability to quickly learn if from outside the energy sector
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.