At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we are now seeking a Primary Structures Design Engineer.
- Responsible for contributing to the design development, execution, and delivery of the primary structure components.
- All parts designed must meet their functional, cost, and weight requirements
- Generate 3D modeling of structural parts and 2D drawing creation.
- Work with the CAE team and interpret results to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection, and Fatigue requirements.
- Develop DFMEA, DVP&Rs, and GD&T documentation.
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities.
- Coordinate with manufacturing groups on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility.
- Automotive engineering expertise in BiW / structures engineering.
- Understanding of all relevant vehicle crash, stiffness, and NVH input parameters and their impact on structures design.
- Cad literate, NX preferred
- Experience with multi-material construction. Composites experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of joining technologies including Self-Piercing Rivets, Welding, Bonding.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.