Moixa is a high-growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, builds and brings to market smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – a software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy in their homes and on the grid. GridShare unlocks the ability of groups of tens of thousands of home batteries and electric vehicles to deliver the grid flexibility needed to enable the grid to efficiently utilise the increasing proportion of energy from renewables. Moixa is currently delivering in the USA, UK and Japan.
The company is expanding significantly as part of a project that is currently in stealth mode.
We are looking for a Principal Developer to join a team of talented engineers and data scientists to deliver a more sustainable future. We are building the best products of their kind in the market and for that reason, we are assembling a world-class team. In this role your responsibilities will be:
- Architect complex parts of the Software platform
- Oversee the implementation of software features by reviewing pull requests, participating in pair programming sessions, etc.
- Develop software solutions as a sole contributor or by working alongside others
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members
- Contribute to building up a culture of excellence in Software Engineering inside Moixa
- Contribute to OpenSource projects
- Be accountable for the long term health of parts of the codebase
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
- BSc, MSc in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in software development
- Good knowledge of cloud computing using serverless technologies
- Good knowledge of user interface development
- Good knowledge of functional programming
Good to have:
- Experience using AWS
- Data Science and ML experience
- Embedded Linux experience
- Interest in the renewable energy sector or IoT
You should be:
- Happy working in a small, fast-moving team, in which your initiative and contributions can have a big impact
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learning new things
- Self-starter, managing your own workload and deadlines and taking personal responsibility
- Prepared to produce the best possible end product and codebase
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Access to Spill, Employee Mental Health Support platform
Duration: Full Time
Location: This role can be fully remote inside the GMT +/- 2 time zone. Our offices in Farringdon (London) and Manchester will remain available for any employees who wish to use them on a part-time or full-time basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.