To apply for this job please visit careers.oatly.com.
THE OATLY WAY
Oatly is a sustainability company built on the idea of change. Bottom line, we want to make it easy for people to eat and drink what’s good for them without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources. It’s why we come to work every day. With our head office in Malmö and production sites in Sweden, the Netherlands and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability, health and transparency as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun! Promise!
Here’s what it’s all about.
A knack for sustainable Process Safety, love of doing things differently, drive change and continuous improvements are what’s key here. You will be the key contributor to create consistency, frameworks and deliver results within your area of expertise.
As our Process Safety Specialist/Advisor your mission will be to implement the Health, Safety and Environmental strategy for the business, playing a key role in it’s development and ensure that it meets all in country legal requirements. You will Benchmark the business strategy and performance externally to ensure the business is appropriate and at the forefront of industry practises. Together with the Global SHE Lead you will work to set the strategic ambition and ensure that this is communicated and aligned across the region. You will also execute the SHE strategy and plans to deliver the safest workplaces possible and the development of a Sustainability culture.
Here´s what you will do
- Your contribution is essential to ensure safe design, construction, start-up and operation of new, redesigned and extended equipment in our factories
- You will be responsible for organising and leading diverse, cross functional teams through compliance events such as the selection and implementation of new process technologies, training tools, training programs, compliance assessments and troubleshooting operations to achieve compliance and/or operational cost savings
- Able to provide clear direction, communicate and build consensus for compliance initiatives across a diverse range of cultures and languages as you will take the lead in developing, designing and implementing innovative solutions to support long term, global safety, health and environmental compliance issues.
In this role you will report to the Global SHE Manager and the Position is placed at one of our offices in EMEA. Some travel may be required.
Are you the Oat we’re looking for? Here are the things we think you need:
Besides having a structured, analytic, and holistic approach to your work we believe that you are a genuine team-player that welcomes ambiguity as an opportunity to move forward and is comfortable with change. There’s a lot of it here! Collaboration is in your nature, you dare to try different things but are also happy to admit failure and learn more. You have great communication skills and interacts easily with stakeholders at any level.
Other key competencies & experiences:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience of working within a chemical / Food / fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and practical experience in application / facilitation of a wide range of process hazard analysis
- Broad understanding of process safety management including management of change.
- BSc / BEng / MSc / MEng degree qualified or equivalent in either Engineering, Chemical or Environmental Sciences
- Proven leadership skills – the ability to engage at all levels is vital
- Ability and willingness to simultaneously complete both hands-on and strategic work
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute short and long-term strategies and to execute tactical plans
- Knowledge of Kaizen/Lean would be highly advantageous
- A hands-on approach someone who likes being on the shop floor
As we act in a truly global setting, your communication skills in English must be excellent, both verbally and in writing.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun! Promise!