The procurement engineer is a critical cog in the mechanism that allows for continual improvement across the supply chain, in keeping with rapid company growth. The three pillars of this position are the effective management of the BOM costing, supplier funnel and value engineering. The implementation of value engineering is the critical tool used to drive cost reduction inline with Henderson’s law through a pipeline of engineering and commercial projects to achieve our corporate objectives for material cost reduction in the BOM. The successful applicant will be responsible for supplier recruitment, development, and review of technical and commercial competency, whilst simultaneously liaising with internal customers to ensure the supplier funnel suits the needs of the business. As RT moves into new global territories for manufacture, this position has a wide scope for travel and career progression based on the employee’s performance and business needs.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance reviews for local and international suppliers.
- Develop and implement a strategy for supplier recruitment.
- Develop a technical and commercial strategy for cost reduction to be implemented across technology and supply chain teams.
- Communicate and track engineering changes within the supplier base.
- Prepare and organise the data for regular reports including audits (e.g., ISO90001 and 140001), KPIs and annual supplier performance.
- BOM Management for the purpose of cost reduction.
- Maintain continuous, in depth, knowledge of market conditions, industry trends and emerging technologies suitable for RTs applications.
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (mechanical/electrical/process/chemical/integrated etc.).
- MCIPs registration preferred, or student level with ambition to become MCIPS or FCIPS registered.
- 5 years experience in an engineering design, production, or manufacturing industry
- Ability to convey clear passion for the benefits of effective procurement to a business operation.
- Demonstrable understanding of NPI and implementation of new technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of requirements for sustainability in the supply chain.
- Exemplary presentation skills of technical concepts to both technical and none-technical audiences
- Familiar with ERP operation and maintenance.
- Highly organised with exceptional planning skills and self-motivation.
- A confident and persuasive communications style.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
Recycling Technologies are an equal opportunities employer. We recruit, reward, and develop people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Our employees are valued, and we treat everyone who works for or with Recycling Technologies fairly and without discrimination.