Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: Food Product Development Manager
Reports to: Head of NPD
- Product Innovation:
Driving commercial growth by leading the development of new formats into the marketplace.
- Product Renovation:
Maintain product superiority of our products verse meat free competitors whilst closing the gap to be as good as meat variety.
- Ingredient Improvement:
Proactively defining focus areas and leading the exploration in complex ingredients that can create a step change in consumer and sensory performance and cultivate new opportunities.
- Technical Development:
They will be responsible for managing ideation, feasibility and factory implementation stages, making sure they are relevant in terms of consumer & brand appeal and technical viability.
- Brand, Category, market knowledge:
Have a broad business and commercial acumen to translate this into technical opportunities, new product, product improvements.
- External Partners:
There will be an emphasis on working with external partners to discover new ingredients and develop new products that will help build a long-term innovation pipeline for Global markets.
Consumer led Product and Process Design:
- Good understand of consumer, category and market insights and translating into technical deliverables for projects
- Identify consumer needs and translating them into key quality attributes for product development
- Identify and controlling key process parameters to ensure product quality and scale up into factories
- Product and Process specifications
- Working in collaboration with supply to successful implement new products into factory and/or third-party manufacturing
- Validate and verify with supply that product and process specification are met in factory commissioning
Quality Custodianship (product ambassador):
- Guardian of product quality by ensure product specification is enforced during product, process and equipment changes (Change management)
- Benchmarking of products verse competitive set to ensure we maintain product superiority.
- Initiate and complete upgrade project if product superiority is lost
Technical Brand management:
- Partnering with Market et al to drive commercial growth by leading the development of new products and upgrading existing big selling products to maintain product superiority
- Supporting pipeline ideas and development
- Support brand guideline development and deployment on to our products
External Partner creation and leverage:
- There will be an emphasis on working with external partners to discover new ingredients and develop new products that will help build a long-term innovation pipeline for Global markets.
- Contribute to team meetings
- Give advice and support to team members
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- Accomplished R&D/NPD/Product Development Manager with a food science qualification who has a breadth of experience to be able to link consumer insights and technical knowledge in order to inspire and recommend new product ideas.
- You will be able to bring these product ideas to life; ensure they have a competitive edge and motivate stakeholders to deliver new products to market at the right pace without neglecting quality standards. You will also have to be commercially minded, be able to challenge conventional thinking and be able to create for the future
- Your will be a natural communicator and motivational leader with an ability to effectively mange and influence key stakeholders, building strong networking relationships.
- It is essential to be able to think creatively and strategically in order to see broader business and commercial context as well as effectively solve problems on your own initiative.
- Has a wider breadth of experience and track record of delivery in the food industry
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.