The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal to reduce their carbon impacts.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet. OVO exists to power human progress with clean and affordable energy for everyone.
This role is within OVO Smart Home. We’re responsible for providing members with the data, technology and insights that will make zero carbon possible. We’ve got huge ambitions to design green experiences and homes which are convenient, comfortable and affordable driven by the best technology out there.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history. We have lots of uncertainty as we uncover new things so you’ll enjoy moving quickly and responding to change, and value lightweight communication. We’re looking for someone to influence the team’s direction and take on increasing responsibility.
We’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
You’ll be based in London and collaborate with people remotely. Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies at ovoenergy.com/careers and Glassdoor. We were delighted to receive a 2020 Top Employers certificate, and to be named uSwitch’s 2019 Supplier of the Year. Up for the challenge?
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for an outstanding product leader to lead our product teams responsible for the Smart Homes which include decarbonising transport, heat and power.. These are critical components of OVO Smart Home, as we are innovating the next generation of services, products and technologies that will turn houses into homes that are smarter, better and greener.
You’ll lead a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, data scientists and developers to figure out the best products and services to make a difference in members’ lives and to our climate. From smart thermostats, digital efficiency audits through to heat pumps and electric vehicles, we are leaving no stone unturned to find the best solutions to making zero carbon living a reality. The successful candidate will need to show a real passion for bringing together a wide range of complex needs and requirements, and work with their team to deliver simple and innovative solutions.
Is this job for me?
Ideally you will be:
- A proven product leader with over five years experience working on a digital product and with smart technology, some of which you’ve spent managing and coaching others
- Prioritise across multiple teams and ensure clarity for the team on what’s important and what’s not
- Able to motivate a team of product managers, bringing out the best in them to collaborate on innovative approaches to solving complex problems
- Experienced in working with others to set ambitious OKRs and taking the responsibility to do what it takes to meet them, while knowing when to seek support
- A seasoned expert in customer-focused lean product development at different stages of the product life cycle
- An accomplished product manager with a history of commercial ownership
- Be comfortable with the ambiguity that comes from working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing market needs
- Analytical and able to cut through opinions with data
- Experienced in working with technical products that have multiple stakeholders
You’ll love working with us if you…
- Are looking for autonomy and accountability to deliver great outcomes, while delivering value at the earliest opportunity
- Enjoy finding product market fit, reducing risk in our assumptions and testing hypotheses. You will be a fan of scaling fast (or failing fast) and be objective enough to know the difference
- Want an opportunity to lead by example and build a high performing team of product managers, supporting them in vision, strategy and goal setting
- Are passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
- Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
- Love sharing your skills and experiences with colleagues
- Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- Build bridges with people across the organisation
- Humbly embrace servant leadership
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application