Here at Apolitical we are looking for an energetic and meticulously organised Product Manager to join our team.
What you’ll be doing
- Working across our free and paid products to make sure we’re iterating at speed to serve our users
- Obsessively learning about our users and deeply understanding the government ecosystem
- Working closely with the engineers to support the delivery of the product from design to QA – making sure everyone has what they need to deliver great experiences
- Constantly trying to improve our sprint process – trying new things to get high quality delivery, faster
- Getting stuck into the data analysis to figure out what can be learnt and what can work better
- Developing and testing new ideas – working with designs, light touch tests and prototypes to iterate quickly
- Running decision making around the backlog – making important decisions and trade offs; choosing between fixing bugs and fresh features, between making improvements for internal users and external users
- To be energetic and mission driven – truly excited about helping government be better
- Obsessive attention to detail and the ability to hold together a lot of strands of work at the same time
- An interest in technology, particularly platforms
- Some experience in a product management or software project delivery role
- A confident, thoughtful communication style – you’ll be leading user testing and need to be comfortable interviewing our government users
- To be comfortable taking smart risks, as well as collecting data and thoroughly testing ideas
- Versatility – this is a multi-disciplinary team delivering an unusual product.
- You will be connecting the dots between software engineers, designers, policy journalists and partnership managers
- Flexibility – this is a team that is still experimenting constantly with better ways of working, where we sometimes have to change approaches quickly
- Big picture thinking – we are doing something global and aspirational
- Being able to zoom in and out between 10 year thinking and 1 week thinking is crucial!
It would be great if you also had
- Start up experience, or experience in a small team
- Exposure to public servants and policy issues, either through work or volunteering
- An agile qualification or scrum master training
- Coding, data analysis and/or design experience
- Some experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
(In addition to working with smart, kind people on one of the most important challenges of our time…)
Stock options: Our employee options plan gives you a stake in our vision.
Flexibility: Everyone works differently. Whether it’s early mornings, late nights or a day at home, we support what gives you energy and makes you effective.
Holidays: We have unlimited holidays, trusting people to take what they need when they need. As a restorative reboot, we give everyone on the team the last Friday of every month off.
Office: In normal times we’re based in beautiful Public Hall, in the heart of Westminster and overlooking the River Thames though we have flexibility around remote working
Parental leave: We offer generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
Personal development: We offer twice-monthly learning days and have learning and development budgets for books, conferences and courses.
Library: We have a constantly growing library, to which every team member contributes their favourite book. There’s also a bigger library in Public Hall.
Discounts: Exclusive discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands.
Salary: £45,000-£70,000 in line with experience and our team’s progression framework.
Before applying, you should read Apolitical’s leadership principles. Check in particular that you are excited by the autonomy and changeability that a Series A stage startup demands.