Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a pioneering climate tech company building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform. Climate Intelligence is business intelligence for quantifying climate risk. Our mission: to embed Climate Intelligence in all key business decisions to ensure the long term resilience of our most important assets, including the one we all share — our planet.
Globally, businesses and governments are realising that quantifying the risk and opportunity posed by an increasingly uncertain climate is critical to their success. Cervest is at the forefront of addressing this need. As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
After a period of R&D and customer trialing, we’ve developed an AI-powered platform for automated and personalised Climate Intelligence insights, built to bridge the translation gap between a business user’s awareness of climate risk and the need to take action. Our personalised Climate Intelligence offers an interconnected and unified assessment of an organisation’s climate risk across all its assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth. These insights can be integrated into all business decisions. The result: better, climate-secure decisions in real-time for the days, years and decades to come.
It’s an exciting time to join Cervest. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ is an automated climate risk impact discovery tool that measures the financial and physical risk to all fixed assets that are owned, managed or relied upon by an enterprise. It is served up via a digital UI and API.
EarthScan™ is openly accessible and free to everyone. EarthScan™ Premium gives enterprise and government users access to unlimited private asset upload and analysis.
We’re seeking a customer-centric Product Manager to join our team at an exciting time for our business. You’ll be critical to bringing climate intelligence into the climate security market and to making our AI-first platform successful. You will be working across all stages of the product life cycle, and focusing on creating value for our customers.
You will join an agile and truly cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data engineers, data and climate scientists to find innovative solutions that enhance the user experience for our customers. You’ll also be passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products. You will play a crucial role in the cross-functional team, providing clear priorities, bridging user needs with other business requirements, validating key hypotheses, and incorporating learnings into next product iteration.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company as well as on climate change awareness across different industries.
We are a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
As a Product Manager at Cervest you will:
- work with discipline leads and experts across the business to identify clear problem we are trying to solve for our customers and end-users;
- define product requirements that can solve that problem in a cost-efficient, technically feasible way;
- collaborate with engineers and scientists and continuously strive for demonstrating a technical and data understanding of the complexities involved with solution development;
- be responsible for your team’s product backlog through a combination of feasibility analysis, acceptance criteria/use case evaluation, and feature prioritization;
- keep a relevant backlog of tasks for both delivery and discovery tracks and constantly revising them with the team to ensure they remain relevant and aligned with the objectives of the team;
- nurture customer-centric thinking within your team and aim for demonstrating and encouraging the right way of thinking within the product team;
- be responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements using quantitative and qualitative data;
- work directly with peers in the engineering, science, and design/UX teams to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement;
- be able to define and own a minimum standard of documentation describing the product;
- maintain a standard of product discipline including driving some ceremonies and team ways of working.
- maintain close collaboration with the delivery team to make sure timings and objectives are effectively reflected in the backlog.
You love learning about new concepts, available technologies, climate science, and industry trends. You are willing to experiment with creative ideas or solutions. You are also self-aware and have the ability to remain objective and avoid projecting your own preferences onto users and their needs from the products. Collaboration with different parts of the business to define the problems space and potential solutions is very important to you. You demonstrate collaborative and constructive attitudes and approaches when working with different disciplines while maintaining the ability to gather a broader perspective so all concerned parties’ are being considered. You are likely to take an initiative in areas of uncertainty and you are not afraid of taking accountability for decisions on the product.
You want to work on products that you genuinely enjoy and get excited about, and you wish to inspire others with your product vision and roadmap plans.
You must have a solid experience in product development (minimum 2 to 5 years), worked previously in an agile team, have a very good technical understanding of building products. It would be great if you have previously worked on B2B and B2C SaaS products that were rich in data visualisation or/and AI/ML especially in conveying environmental data to users. Experience in Fintech/capital markets or data science would be a great plus.