Who we are
We are a sustainability-driven FinTech firm on a mission to connect all investors to their own investments.
Tumelo is an angel investor-backed, financial technology firm building soware that will educate and empower investors all over the world.
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. Based in and around the South West, we work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (like painting and cliff jumping in Devon).
Our Vision: To give every investor a voice.
Our Mission: To empower platforms to engage investors.
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us create and scale our transparency and voting products alongside our talented product team.
This is an exceptional opportunity to:
1. Build new features from concept through to release
- working with design, user experience and tech (i.e. all parts of the product puzzle) to
identify significant user needs or great ideas and figure out what the solution might be
- coordinating across users (investors), clients (investment platforms) and other
stakeholders (fund managers) to go from idea to successful implementation
- collaborating with across Tumelo’s 20 person team to align plans, unblock development,
and communicate changes to users, clients and stakeholders
- working autonomously through the backlog while making sure that features get delivered
quickly and efficiently, following lean MVP experimental work 2. Improve what you’ve built so far
- tracking and monitoring the performance of features and functionality aer launch to iterate and improve on them
- balancing bug fixes and efficiency gains with progress towards team OKRs 3. Be an essential part of a cross-functional, flat team
- co-ordinating research, design, tech (and sometimes sales) to set quarterly OKRs and to define and deliver the product roadmap
- sharing knowledge and giving feedback to those in your team
- leading with high energy levels and quick decision-making
- communicating with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making
sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
Who you are:
- You’ve shipped amazing products in a fast-growing company before
- You are passionate about our mission
- You believe “a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week”
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your
metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity every day
- You appreciate the power of good communication and the importance of feedback
- You are hard-working with a hands-on attitude; you can handle high pressure and tight
- You flourish with autonomy and independence.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, and the capacity and
willingness to learn and adapt relentlessly.
- You can reflect and dream big.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- At the time of starting your employment, you must have permission to work in the UK.
It takes all kinds. We are trying to build a team that can conquer every challenge, speak every language, and understand every user. We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see.
If you’re such a superstar, we recognise you can probably work anywhere you want to. But working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcomes; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
• Full-time role preferred
• Flexible hours (core hours of 10-3)
• Flexible working from home with 8 days/month in Bristol office • Generous company share scheme
• Competitive salary based on experience (£60- £80,000)
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holiday
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP