What we do
Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it
Greener. Fairer. Future.
We are looking for a super collaborative Product Manager to join our London team in the development of one of Octopus Group’s most exciting businesses, and help accelerate the British driving public on their energy transition.
We are building a whole new way for drivers to join the electric revolution and not only learn about & shop for their EV online, but experience a ‘lease for life’ through an industry changing ongoing customer experience.
The Product team are crucial in defining and bringing to market this vision, while working hand in hand with all teams across the company to deliver it in record time. Thanks to recent Government targets, electric transportation is supercharged and moving quickly – buckle up!
This opportunity would welcome a Product Manager looking to spread their wings from feature ownership to broader, end to end management of digital products.
What you’ll do
- Own the end to end product definition and delivery of key journeys in Octopus Electric Vehicles’ digital product
- Collaborate with a wildly talented, diverse and passionate team to deliver your product to market in record time
- Build use cases, business process flow charts and conduct ongoing user acceptance testing, product quality sign-off, and product documentation
- Work with the engineering team to deliver a scalable architecture that not just meets current needs, but considers future growth scenarios
- Use analytics data and first-hand research to understand user behaviours and inform product and design improvements
What you’ll need
- An in-depth knowledge of software product management, UX & UI, cross-functional requirement gathering and prioritisation
- An ability to respond to complicated briefs from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate an appropriate response/strategy
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and optimise the smallest detail
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Previous experience in software product management (preferably with significant systems integration) from inceptions through to market launch and ongoing iteration
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- An interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions transport
Why you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If this sounds exciting and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine.
According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla with so many manufacturers having great EVs.
Octopus Electric Vehicles was launched in 2018 to make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
Every day, we bring together great offers on electric vehicles and everything needed to go with them: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We’ve already helped hundreds of drivers make the transition and we are looking forward to helping thousands more.
We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology and Octopus Energy Services and together, we recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company to help continue our mission.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.