What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2°C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
You’ll be responsible for our Web platform, working closely with our VP of Product, Theo (ex-RatedPeople, ex-BlackRock) as well as our Design Lead, Vitor and our software and data engineering teams.
As a Product Manager, you’ll work closely with our customers to deeply understand their needs and shape the product requirements for our roadmap.
Some of the challenges within the first month at Sylvera:
- Spend time with our current and potential customers to deeply understand their needs from our product.
- Dig into the research behind our mission to provide data that makes the global economy sustainable, and run your own product discovery to check out assumptions.
- Ship new features and improvements with our teams.
- Spent plenty of time getting to know our ML, Data, AppDev, Policy and Commercial teams.
After your first six months you will have…
- Become the voice of the customer, shaping product features and engineering prioritisation.
- Work with the Product Lead to define themes for product discovery and development for both our web app and API products.
After your first year…
- Sylvera will be very much a product focused organisation.
- The first versions of our products will be used (and hopefully loved!) and getting regular feedback from our customers.
What do I need? ❓
- To care about the climate and ecosystems of Earth, and to want to change incentives so they get valued and protected.
- Minimum 2 years of product management experience.
- Experience of working with Product Designers and Software Engineers or Data scientists as a Product Manager.
- Equally excited about reliability and data correctness as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
- Exemplary communication skills, especially around complex concepts and working with cross-functional teams.
Brownie points for? 🎂
- Have worked on B2B SaaS products.
- Exposure to financial markets and financial data products.
- Exposure to maps or geospatial data.
Equal employment opportunity Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.