To apply for this job please visit thesegovia.recruiterbox.com.
Crown Agents Bank (CAB) is a UK regulated wholesale provider of emerging market and G10 foreign exchange, international payments, cash management, cross-border pensions & payroll, trade finance & investment management services (via our sister company, CAIM). We aim to be the key link between our focus developing markets in Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America & Asia Pacific and Governments, Supra-Nationals, Financial Institutions, NGO’s & select Corporates in OECD countries.
CAB has 180 years of experience of providing practical, consistent and agile support to entities in emerging economies. We work with Central Banks, Commercial Banks & Regulatory authorities to improve compliance controls & banking standards, encourage economic growth and financial inclusion which is socially & politically sustainable. We partner with diverse wholesale institutions who have requirements to funnel “in-bound” flows of currencies, payments and trade into and out of our focus markets.
We are proud of our rich heritage, but today CAB is a thoroughly modern bank using operational know-how, innovative technologies and exceptional levels of customer service to facilitate commerce and trade flows worldwide. Financial services are evolving at a rapid pace and we firmly believe that those who evolve and adapt the quickest, will not only survive, but thrive. CAB has positioned itself to be an effective partner to our clients for the 21<sup>st </sup>Century and beyond.
As a Product Manager at Crown Agents Bank, you’ll work closely with stakeholders across the team to prioritize, spec and build new products and features. As we look to expand our offering to new payment modalities, countries and use cases, we’re looking to bring someone on board who can work with customers and exceptional engineering team to deliver products and features that people around the world rely on.
This role requires customer focus, technical understanding, a cross-functional mindset and attention to detail. We’ll look to you to collaborate with the front office, external partners, and engineering and IT, to execute reliably and show sound judgement to improve and maintain our platform.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about our mission, technology and helping to build products that we’re all proud of.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Crown Agents Bank’s IT team and sister company Segovia Technology to develop roadmaps and prioritize features
- Meet with clients to understand their businesses and use of our service to develop insight, formulate recommendations, and help prioritize features
- Collaborate with IT, Engineering, Sales, Deployment and Operations to gather requirements and write detailed specification documents for the team
- Coordinate directly with Bank and Mobile Money partners to expand our network of Payment Partners in market.
- Create wireframes and mocks to help specify User Experience requirements for the engineering team
- Keep everyone on the same page through quality documentation and timely communication
- Help keep team process running smoothly by regularly triaging issues and participating in sprint planning
- Experience using or building APIs
- 2 years’ experience in product management or as a tech lead, writing specs for complex features and systems
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Good strategic thinking and product intuition
- Project management experience
- Ability to analyze quantitative data and use it to inform decision making
Ideally you also
- Have a 4 year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical major
- Are motivated by our mission and want to work on something with significant impact on the world
- Are enthusiastic about collaborating with others on a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Take and give feedback well
- Have digital payments experience
- Have experience managing an API product
- Can write SQL queries and a script or two in a pinch
- Can whip up mocks on a whiteboard or in Sketch to help explain ideas visually
- Have travelled to and would like to travel to countries in the developing world