We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
OVO’s Data Science team focus on creating data products. For example, for our energy supply customers, we are building insights which help reduce carbon impact by analysing smart meter data. The Data Science team have internal customers, too, such as our operational and product teams – whose challenge is to work out the best way to serve and delight our customers in a highly regulated and competitive market.
To ensure consistency of data driven insights, and that teams are making the right decisions for each of our customer relationships, we need to embed a common value framework into all strategy and decision making. This best in class value framework should be accurate, measurable and integrated. You will work as part of a growing focus area for Data Science, in a team which is developing this framework and implementing it. Our aim is to translate and automate data insights into valuable internal tools, such as Next Best Action (NBA) services, which ensure a great customer experience and commercial value.
We have several opportunities available so do apply, and we can tell you more!
What will I be doing?
As a Product Manager within the Data Science team with a focus on Customer Value and Next Best Action:
- You will drive the building of a new set of data products that will transform our ability to delight our customers, offer self-service and increase commercial value
- You will build strong relationships with all of your stakeholders from across all OVO brands and cross-functional teams such as Product teams, Operations, Finance, Commercial, Regs & Compliance, BI, to understand their requirements and the relative priorities of each opportunity
- You will work closely with the team of data scientists and developers to help them shape the evolution of the customer value framework and Next Best Action tooling
- In line with OVO’s Product and Tech culture, you will use agile methodologies to break down work and ship value to the business via continuous delivery, actively measuring outcomes against goals, and iterating towards the desired end state.
- You’ll identify opportunities to improve the framework, via data enrichment from 3rd parties, improved visualisations and strategies, and via engagement and feedback from internal teams
- Develop an excellent understanding of the needs of your various customers across OVO, and their use cases for value data and Next Best Action tools. Find common areas.
- Prioritise these problems, quantifying cost and effort vs business benefit and alignment with strategy.
- Take a lead role in demonstrating the importance of Customer Value, align with leadership and actively integrate it into other teams’ strategies.
- Collaborate with other Data and Product teams to remove blockers and prevent issues.
- Ensure DPO engagement with the technical choices being made, keeping data security and our customers’ privacy choices at the forefront
- Support 3rd party API integrations – engage with partners and external 3rd parties to explore new use cases, understand ROI and prioritise integration into the product backlog
- Report on metrics and KPIs necessary for success of the value / next best action product and associated use cases
- Own the documentation of our API layer so that it can easily be understood by our internal teams and partners, and collaborated on by the team
Is this the job for me?
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable in depth experience of building a data product for use by varied stakeholders in a medium-large enterprise.
- Experience developing and using APIs and data tooling, but with a product management approach e.g. adopting design thinking, delivering value iteratively
- Experience delivering real (ish) time data use cases, supported by streaming technologies e.g. Kafka, Spark, Pub/Sub and microservices based architectures
- Experience working with agile, cross-functional teams
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts simply to business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- Strong understanding of REST, GraphQL, Web Hooks, OAuth, Open API Spec, Swagger, Postman, etc
- Management of a diverse set of stakeholders, prioritising and resolving competing requests
- Experience working with data warehouses, data pipelines, and or data science platforms, ideally on cloud solutions e.g. GCP, AWS
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.