The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Part of OVO Group, Kaluza is the leading intelligent energy platform powering the future of energy. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s real-time cloud platform empowers some of the biggest energy suppliers to optimise their operations and invest in innovating for tomorrow’s customers. Driving decarbonisation, Kaluza intelligently manages the charging of smart home technologies, reducing customers’ energy bills and laying the foundations for a more flexible, cheaper and greener energy system. www.kaluza.com
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead a cross-functional team. This team is responsible for designing and building tools on the Orion Energy Platform.
You’ll be helping energy retailers to:
- manage their catalogue of energy and non-energy products to sell to end customers
- create innovative solutions for bundling products and applying discounts to make them more attractive
In today’s market, energy retailers can’t rely solely on selling electricity and gas to their customers. We need to go beyond this market to increase customer value and loyalty by offering additional products. These might be energy-saving devices such as smart thermostats or home services such as insurance. As a platform for this market, Kaluza designs tooling that allows retailers to launch new products to market quickly through their existing customer base.
You’ll lead and motivate your team to design and build generic solutions for storing, charging and billing. Your team will also be responsible for providing tooling interfaces to retailers’ commercial teams so they’re able to self-serve their own product launches. You’ll guide your team in setting their product vision, strategy and roadmap. The successful candidate will need to show they can deliver simple, innovative solutions for a range of complex needs – serving customers, energy retailers and regulatory bodies.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will be/have:
- From a product management background, in a fast-paced start up environment
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Experienced in complex ecosystems, and excited by new and challenging sectors
- Motivated by working alongside retail brands to understand and solve complex challenges
- A track record with iterative product development from discovery to launch to continual optimisation
- Experience in owning, measuring and reporting on key product metrics
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams
- Experienced in using analytics tools and data to prioritise your roadmap
- Passionate about digital, agile, software product management
- Happy to own, shape, and go all-in on a product
- Outcome-focused rather than delivery-focused
- Highly driven to achieve your professional and personal goals
- A team player who embraces collaboration across your own and different teamsIdea
From us you’ll get* (add/delete as appropriate for the role/brand)
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.