Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
We’re backed by leading investors, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive Capital, Lowercarbon Capital, Astanor Ventures, and Marc Benioff. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with marketing team colleagues as well as product and sales to increase awareness, understanding, business value and customer ‘stickiness’ of our Climate Intelligence Platform, beginning with our flagship product, EarthScan. By developing strategies and collateral to clearly articulate the user benefits of the platform, you will position Cervest as the only serious choice for climate risk analysis among our target enterprise customers. This is an opportunity to work alongside a passionate team focussed on one mission. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who understands product marketing fundamentals and can equip our team with strong product positioning and messaging, effective training / collateral, competitive insights, and overall insight about the buyer’s journey.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Cervest, you will be responsible for..
- Our first product, EarthScan and managing the ongoing product portfolio as new products are developed and launched
- Value Propositions and Product Messaging: Crafting messaging that clearly explains the product features and benefits to different audiences. Creating and delivering our technical and business-level product messaging specifically for commercial audiences
- Defining responsibilities, activities and timelines for marketing the product offering, driving expansion to new markets and growing awareness and adoption throughout the product lifecycle.
- The Voice of the Customer: Ensuring teams across Cervest, hear and understand the customer perspective. Collaborating with the sales and marketing teams to ensure the flow of competitor, industry, and customer feedback to the product, engineering and science team, to help build amazing products
- Audience Identification: Defining the appropriate target audience and buyer personas for the product
- Sales Enablement: Equipping sales with education, information, content and tools about Cervest and our products, including their features and benefits for different audiences
- Competitor Analysis: Owning, understanding, tracking and sharing information of competitor products across Cervest
- Product Development: Collaborating with the product and development teams, representing the voice of the customer, providing competitor and market insight to support the improvement of existing features and benefits and new products
- Customer Research: Conducting research and using insights to develop product messaging. Obtaining insights into customers’ usage of current product, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, and usage data
- Supporting the Marketing Team: Working across the Marketing Team to support content, campaigns and other marketing activities such as webinars, podcasts and events
You have demonstrable experience of having…
- 5 years as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role in a B2B company
- A customer centric mindset, you live and breathe customer feedback and insights
- Worked with product teams to improve features from your insights and customer feedback
- Defined value propositions and product messaging for a B2B product
- Identified audiences and written buying personas
- Launched a new product
- Researched, analyzed and packaged data for internal review and created sales materials (e.g. internal and external collateral)
- Collaborated with a wide range of stakeholders from many different teams in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analysed markets and competitors
- A keen eye for detail
- Experience working with ambiguity and are a self starter
Bonus Points for
- Early stage or SaaS start-up experience
- Experience launching a product into a new geography outside of the UK
- A background in design or copywriting
- Having run focus groups, or worked with agencies that organise them
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- £50K – £70K
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between Christmas and New Year which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.