At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
The Product Owner role is responsible for innovation and end-to-end lifecycle of products. The role sits within the R&D Engineering team at Arrival, reporting into the Product Lead position. The position is based in our London office.
The Product Owner leads cross functional teams ensuring we deliver a bus configuration that meets all stakeholder requirements and brings together our internal disciplines to form a product that delivers on our vision of the ultimate product at an unbeatable price.
The position will collaborate with engineering, sales, global growth, supply chain, industrialisation and post sales (among other teams) to ensure the end-to-end delivery of the product is on time, within budget and delivers against our mission of Radical Impact.
The Product Owner is required to comfortably work across disciplines of mechanical and software engineering helping realise our vision of software defined hardware. As such, an engineering background in either discipline is required. The product owner will be responsible for ensuring our technology and mechanical engineering teams are working to create powerful products jointly.
The position requires the individual to confidently arrange cross-functional teams where they have no direct authority over management except through ownership of the squads backlog. They should confidently be able to represent their program of work to an executive audience as well as directly to customers where required.
Product Owners will own bus configurations from concept through the full life of the configurations. They will ensure that not only is a configuration delivered in its initial form, but continuous improvement along with fault resolution has a clear owner.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation.
- Owns and executes their roadmap. Work with sales and global growth to ensure we are prioritising the right features for the POs configurations.
- Translates product roadmap features, along with regulatory and functional requirements, into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Collaborates with SMEs and Supply Chain teams to ensure we are driving an optimised supply chain in anticipation of new or optimised configurations.
- Turns data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer. Ensures data quality at each stage of the process.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Works with user-focused departments to define the user experience, support, and monitoring for various personas.
- Prioritises and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Engineering background in electrical, mechanical or software
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.