To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
We’re looking for a problem solver who always has the desire to improve things. Not afraid of pushing boundaries, you’re obsessed with quality and standards, have a passion for attention to detail and the ability to take ownership and question current processes and procedures in place.
Motivated and responsible we’re looking for someone to help maintain and take the quality and safety standards of our amazing products to the next level.
The role will report into Head of Operations and the perfect candidate will have >3 years previous experience within the FMCG industry with knowledge of food science, safety and quality procedures and food regulations. The candidate will be passionate in ensuring our products are to the highest standards with both the consumer and planet in mind and ready for a fast paced, high energy environment. This is a very exciting and unique opportunity for an eager Product Technologist wanting to make their mark and develop with growing and ambitious brands. Being able to manage many projects at the same time and develop processes where required is essential. We are looking for a lateral thinker who is super organised and detail orientated. You will work closely with our Innovation Manager, Internal Operations team, factories and suppliers.
Competitive salary, plus up to 30% bonus. Unlimited (yes, unlimited!!) holiday policy. Central London office with flexible working options. Full-time, permanent contract
- Act as the technical lead for projects, liaising with our partners and certification bodies to ensure all our products are in line with our high expectations of quality, safety and legislation requirements (UK & International), as well as brand and consumer standards.
- Initiate and lead implementation of quality improvements and support with new/existing product development projects.
- Drive the business’ technical strategy, ensure product compliance, quality improvements and deliver creative problem solving both proactively and reactively.
- Continue to develop and improve our Nurture Brands QMS and Supplier Approval Program by implementing control points and utilise KPI information to enhance product performance.
- Ensure full RCA investigations and corrective action planning of non-conforming product or causes of consumer complaints are carried out.
- Trending of consumer complaints, microbiological and organoleptic standards to ensure a proactive approach to potential improvements
- Work cross-functionally to ensure new and existing product ranges adhere to legislation and Nurture Brands standards
- Ensure on pack and product labelling, allergen claims, nutritional information and certification standards are compliant
Skills / Experience required:
- Food science related degree
- >3 years industry experience in a Quality / Technical role
- Passionate about food quality and safety
- HACCP level 2+ and BRC standard experience
- Good set of taste buds for testing products and ingredients
- Experience working with and able to influence factories and suppliers
- Experience in innovation – adapting and setting up new processes, transferring skills and problem solving
- Macro & micro – ability to create strategies and systems at a big picture level while being able to zoom in on details
- Self-motivator, super organised, great communicator and team player
- Sound awareness of food labelling and legislation
Nurture Brands is a young, sustainable food & drinks business with a vision to Nurture Positive Choices through Food, Business & Beyond. We recently announced that award-winning The Primal Pantry has joined our portfolio, alongside Rebel Kitchen, EMILY and Ape – supporting the business’ mission to become the UK’s fastest growing plant-based snacking and beverage business.
Nurture HQ is an energetic and sociable place, full of empowered, ambitious people. We live by our values, striving to Push Boundaries, Inspire Others, Do it Right, Grow Together and Keep in Balance every day. We combine all of the passion and hunger of a start-up with excellent industry expertise from team members who’ve worked at businesses such as Mars, Unilever, Ella’s Kitchen, Tyrrells, Mondelez, Coca-Cola, Britvic & Tesco
Does this sound like the role for you?
Email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply before 07/03/2021