Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point. You will join a quickly growing, dedicated team and with your skills and rigour, we will form a strong link of the supply chain of cultivated meat.
You will be one of our first members in the production team, focusing on preparing our final products and assist in consistently delivering high-quality for our customers. This is your chance to make your mark in the future of food production!
Role & Responsibility
- Preparation of complex growth media formulations.
- Protein production using microbial expression systems at bench- to pilot-scale.
- Quality control of ingredients and compositions (both in vitro testing and different assays).
- Assisting in downstream processing of the product, including packaging, labelling and ensuring its safety.
- Work across traditional and high-throughput systems at multiple scales.
- Design and implement rigorous data acquisition procedures for QC and mixing process
- Proficient data collection, data management and inventory management of our products through QMS.
- Essential lab maintenance to allow smooth day-to-day operations of the production.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Educational background in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or closely related fields.
- Considerable amount of industry experience from biologics or protein manufacturing. Experience in GLP, GMP and ISO22000 is preferrable.
- Knowledgable about protein production and purification at bench- to pilot-scale. Familiarity with Applikon and Akta systems is a plus.
- Experience with major lab equipments including plate readers, freeze-drier, spray-drier, autoclaves.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with cell culture is a plus.
- Experience in formulation or media manufacturing is a plus.
- Industry experience in quality control is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible PTO and 25 paid holidays per year.
- A fundamental role in the supply chain of the cultivated meat industry.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain and gather hands-on experience across a large variety of experimental methods and equipments.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!
Your job is to help us deliver a game-changing composition. As such, and in line with the company mission, we expect you to be excited about alternative proteins and be dedicated to making cultivated meat a reality. Our aim is to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated industry, so you must be motivated to do exactly this. Our culture is casual but the work is serious. We expect you to be a flexible and focused team player.
The applications are considered on a rolling basis, we are closing this role the latest on the 15 September. Applications are reviewed throughout the working week and therefore we encourage you to apply soon, as we wish to fill the role soon. Advertising will close quickly when suitable applicants have applied and could be before the closing date.
Multus recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Multus Biotechnology Limited retains the discretion to modify.