Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As a Production Team Leader you are working in one of our Infarm Growing Centres, where we produce plants at scale using our vertical farming techniques. You ideally have some experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment. You are well organized and reliable, able to understand and follow clear processes and instructions, and like being hands-on with your day to day work.
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You want to part of a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
Please note the UK Infarm Growing Centre is located in Bedford.
- Act as line leader for our team of production workers, harvesting Infarm plants from our production farms, and using a range of manual and automated processes to package them ready for sale to our customers.
- Follow defined workflows and production schedules to ensure daily volume requirements are met to our high standards of quality.
- Ensure finished goods quality standards are met on the packaging line, and any issues are raised immediately to hub management
- Carry out the accurate recording of production line information for reporting purposes
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety guidelines
- Be part of a world class production team ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- As volumes scale, participate in the hiring process for production workers and create a positive spirit amongst the team, ensuring strong performance and efficient time management
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for cleanliness and hygiene
- Confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a labour intensive industrial manufacturing role an advantage
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a plus
- Operational days will include working on weekends
- Valid working visa
- Working knowledge and ability to communicate effectively English required
What we offer
- Take some time off: 28 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.