Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point. You will join a quickly growing, dedicated team and with your skills and rigour, we will be able to establish the missing link from the supply chain of cultivated meat.
You will be working in the production team to prepare our final products and assist in consistently delivering high-quality for our customers.
Role & Responsibility
- Preparation of growth media formulations.
- Protein production using microbial expression systems.
- Quality control of ingredients and compositions (both in vitro testing and different assays).
- Assisting in downstream processing of the product.
- Work across traditional and high throughput platforms at multiple scales.
- Rigorous documentation of procedures.
- Proficient data collection, data management and inventory management of our products.
- Essential lab maintenance to allow smooth day-to-day operations.
Skills & abilities
- Educational background in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or closely related fields.
- 1+ year industry experience from biologics or protein manufacturing.
- Background in protein production using microbial expression systems.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
- Comfortable with aseptic techniques and major lab equipments including plate readers, bioreactor, freeze-drier, spray-drier, autoclaves, and microscopes.
- Good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with cell culture is a plus.
- Experience in formulation or media manufacturing is a plus.
- Industry experience in quality control is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible PTO and 25 paid holidays per year.
- A fundamental role in the supply chain of the cultivated meat industry.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain and gather hands-on experience across a large variety of experimental methods and equipments.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!
Your job is to help us deliver a game-changing composition. As such, and in line with the company mission, we expect you to be excited about alternative proteins and be dedicated to making cultivated meat a reality. Our aim is to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated industry, so you must be motivated to do exactly this. Our culture is casual but the work is serious. We expect you to be a flexible and focused team player.
The applications are considered on a rolling basis, we are closing this role the latest on the 15 July.
Multus recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Multus Biotechnology Limited retains the discretion to modify.