At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, hands on individual to join our Composite Production Technologies team in Bicester. Our diverse composite technologies team work within the larger Materials R&D group to research, design, trial and create technologies to support production of our composite materials. As a member of the team you will work on identifying and creating technologies including presses and moulds for our R&D and Automotive production teams.
- Any hands on experience
- Knowledge of MS suite including Word and Excel
- Great communicator and team player
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills within an evolving industry quickly
- Knowledge or interest in automotive industry
- Experience or knowledge of working within materials / composites industry would be excellent, but is not required.
Most importantly we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to develop a career with us. More important than your background or skill set is your attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn; demonstrable through a proactive approach and curious nature – geared to learning.
This role would suit someone from a hands on background with a passion for sustainability and identifying creative new solutions to modern challenges within the automotive and materials sector.
Alternatively you could come from a very different industry sector or desk based role, and enjoy working with hands on projects in your spare time, looking to make the jump into a new career path which will utilise that passion!
- Work as part of a team to research, design, develop and build technologies such as presses or moulds to support our composite materials production teams within both R&D and Automotive at Arrival.
- Sub-assembly and final assembly of tooling partsWork within tight deadlines to meet production requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to understand product and technology availability as well as pricing, and identify cost effective solutions for Arrival.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Use CAD software to design new tooling and technologies. (CAD knowledge is not required for this role – if you don’t have experience a desire to learn is essential!)
- Ability to manage your own time and workload
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.