To apply for this job please visit openclimatefix.homerun.co.
At Open Climate Fix we’re looking for a Program Manager who will bring calm and structure to our research and development process.
About the job
We are looking for a Program Manager to help us plan, organize, and direct our research and development projects in a calm and structured way. You’ll be joining our team of five and you will be working with us to plan and deliver our existing projects as well as scope and ideate new project proposals.
There are multiple exciting projects underway already. Our main focus, for now, is our Nowcasting project: We are improving how solar electricity production is being forecast. This work is being delivered together with our partners, including electricity system operators and philanthropic funders, such as Google.org.
- Keep track of and manage external requirements and project deliverables from external stakeholders and funders
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Coordinate and drive project status reporting
- Pro-actively manage project delivery by using your experience to identify, mitigate and horizon-scan for risks
- Use your personal skills to coordinate between project stakeholder groups – sponsors, users and delivery team
- Develop and refine new project ideas so that we can present them to funders or partners
- Oversee, communicate and manage the vision, roadmap and key results for our projects portfolio
- Work to improve project and internal processes, so we can have a greater reach and impact with less effort
- Help disseminate our work and so engage with the wider machine learning community
- Support us in managing open-source software projects on GitHub
- You have a passion for reducing carbon emissions
- You have enthusiasm for learning and experimenting
- You have great communication skills, including the ability to tell compelling stories about projects and their impact
- You have experience with coordinating projects and project stakeholders
- You can lead, motivate, and inspire your colleagues and project team
- You’re decisive and you create clarity for those around you
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a related role, dealing with managing stakeholders and projects
Location: A day’s train ride from London
We are all working remotely at the moment. For the foreseeable future, we are not planning to come to an office in London every day. Instead, we’re looking for someone within a day’s train ride of London so that, once Covid allows it, we can meet physically several times a year without having to fly! That includes all of the UK and significant parts of mainland Europe.
- £50,000 per annum wage
- Flexible Hours (40h/week, not 60 or 80)
- Autonomy in your work delivery
- Six weeks paid time off
- Calm Workplace
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Travel Insurance (Global)
- Pension Plan
- Remote working culture
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counseling