To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
Overall purpose of the role
Working within the Business Change team at People’s Energy you’ll be at the heart of enabling member centric transformation through unified, modern technology and leading a wide-ranging programme of activities. Leading a small team, you’ll be part of our Change Team and help develop a world class and progressive team of change professionals who challenge our business to move forwards, delivering our bold ambitions.
· Lead the planning of complex Programmes and initiatives across multi-disciplinary teams working in close collaboration with delivery teams across product, technology and operations
· Be proficient in creating and managing Programme plans, budget & benefit management, resource allocation plans, programme risks and issues, escalating any threats or opportunities to key senior stakeholders in a timely manner
· Lead in assuring high quality change, resulting in sustainable delivery to our front line teams
· Excel in Programme reporting, covering clear concise exec and programme updates, as well as progress on milestones, risks, issues and mitigation plans
· Work closely with colleagues in both PMO and the wider change team to establish intra, and cross programme dependencies
· Lead a small team of Project Managers in delivering small, medium and large scale change into the business ensuring conformance to the Change Delivery Framework
· Assess and review programme benefits ensuring they remain aligned with strategy
· Experience of leading Business Change teams such as Multidisciplinary, Operational or Continuous Improvement teams
· Demonstrable evidence of having led a programme of work in a transactional business
· Ability to time manage, and prioritise workload
· Ability to cohesively build a programme plan, delivering multiple programmes and iterations delivering high quality, sustainable change to our front line teams
· Outstanding communication skills with extensive experience of sponsor/programme relationships and ability to facilitate project & programme decisioning
· Strong business acumen, with a clear understanding commercial strategy and finance drivers and how they can impact project delivery
· Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to map out intra, and cross programme dependencies working with other programme managers to deliver a palatable timeline
· Ability to simplify complexity and readily identify opportunities turning these into strategic decisions and recommendations
· Growth mindset and a passion for continued development
· Formal training & certification in change management (e.g. APM, Prince2, Agile etc)
· Knowledge grounded in the Energy Industry and applicable supplier technology & processes
· Digital & technology change expertise
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.