To apply for this job please visit es.catapult.org.uk.
Salary: Up to 23k + Benefits
Status: 12 Months – Fixed Term /Full-time strongly preferable (however can potentially be flexible)
Energy Systems Catapult was set up to accelerate the transformation of the UK’s energy system and ensure UK businesses and consumers capture the opportunities of clean growth. The Catapult is an independent, not-for-profit centre of excellence that bridges the gap between industry, government, academia and research. We take a whole-systems view of the energy sector, helping us to identify and address innovation priorities and market barriers, in order to decarbonise the energy system at the lowest cost.
During lockdown, we have been working remotely and as we begin to focus more on the future, we intend to embrace a new refreshing way to utilise our office in Birmingham City Centre . As a consequence we are developing a flexible approach to the workplace , which ensures we keep some of the benefits of home working whilst enabling the Catapult to operate efficiently, this hybrid way of working may result in the majority of us working from home for a good chunk of the time, merging the best bits of both office and home working.
We have two main Directorates which win and deliver our work – our ‘Platforms’ which are the externally-facing business areas which generally lead our business development / proposal development activities; and our ‘Capabilities’ which are the internal business areas which provide the technical expertise needed to deliver our projects. The Project Administrators will be expected to support the Project, Proposal and reporting administration needs of both the Platforms and Capabilities.
We are seeking two Project Administrators, both on an initial 12-month fixed term basis. The two posts will together form a mini-team, and with the respective Platform and Capabilities Personal Assistants, to whom these posts will report. The post will be based in our Birmingham office, but we would be willing to discuss a degree of flexible working (location) if required.
This will be a varied and interactive post, liaising with all teams across the two Directorates, with regular check-in points across the two. It will especially suit someone who is good with people, a clear communicator, great at prioritising and multi-tasking and driven by their own high standards and satisfaction of a job well done.
Key Deliverables & Activities:
- Support the development and maintenance of internal information management systems across the business – providing the key inputs from the Directorates.
- Ensure ‘smooth running’ of project initiation and delivery – supporting project managers to set up and manage projects efficiently and effectively. This will include:
- Setting up bid codes, finance codes
- Working with our legal team around Memorandum of Understandings, Non-Disclosure Agreements, contracts (chasing, execution and filing)
- Completing Salesforce entries and updates(our internal database on opportunities and projects)
- Submitting/processing “Resource link” requests (our resource allocation system) from project teams (working with Project Managers to capture the detail of who and how much support is required)
- Collating time spent against projects (via our internal time-recording system “coretime”) ready for review by Project Managers, Business Leaders, Line Managers etc
- Purchase Orders and invoice raising and chasing
- Working with procurement around subcontractor elements (specification for subcontracts will always come from Project Managers)
- Setting up project-specific internal meetings
- Helping chase / raise Marketing and Communication support requests
- Setting up Microsoft Teams channels for live projects
- Managing wider email enquiry inboxes across the directorate
- Formatting of short project-related documents
- Supporting with Project closure administration tasks
Bid Management Administration
- Coordinate Salesforce entries / admin around pre-bid submission and approval documents (called Opportunity Viability Assessment Forms and Opportunity Approval Forms internally) – working alongside our Bid Management team who have overall accountability for the process
- Assist with pre-bid legal checks (raising and chasing)
- Supporting production of tender submissions and our own tender requests – this could include activities such as documentation formatting, Curriculum Vitae formatting, case study collation, and overall administration of the bid process (multi-document collation)
- Chasing and coordinating document signing
- Setting up Microsoft Teams channels for project opportunities
- Contributing to our lessons-learned and bid submission libraries
- Contributing to the coordination of our Contract Finder type subscriptions and portals
- Managing the Bid Management team email inbox – using our internal ticketing system to ensure tasks are allocated and managed
Reporting, Stakeholder Management and Collaborative Working
- Collating input for finance reports, impact reports
- Helping set up external project workshops and meetings (using external software like doodle poll)
- Taking minutes for key external meetings (type of meeting to be supported to be defined and agreed)
- Contributing to the ESC Information Databases, including our innovator Supply Chain Network database where appropriate
What credentials are we ideally looking for?
- Experience in an office administration role
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, able to plan and manage their time effectively against multiple activities
- A can-do attitude, able to work with limited supervision under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Supportive, positive and approachable – able to successfully manage relations with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Comfortable working with staff at every level in organisations, including senior leaders
- Ideally some experience of Microsoft Teams
- Ideally experience of collating, managing and presenting data
- Ideally some experience of using CRM / Salesforce data and contact management systems
Would you like to Apply?
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th October 2021
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship.
Energy Systems Catapult undertakes innovative and exciting work that will help shape the future of energy, with this in mind we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible, as we do reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
(Strictly No Agencies).
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.”
Purpose of the Privacy Statement
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to make you aware of how and why your personal data will be used during any recruitment process and how long it will usually be retained for. This statement provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
In the recruitment process we, Energy Systems Catapult Limited, are a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
The Energy Systems Catapult Limited is located at Cannon House 7th Floor, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham, West Midlands, England, B4 6BS and can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
Accurate and kept up to date;
Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
The Kind of Personal Data we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
The information you have provided in our application form;
The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter;
Any information you provide to us during an interview;
Any other information provided by you as part of the recruitment process.
We may ask you for information to allow us to monitor our equal opportunities and diversity performance in recruitment. Also, if you inform us that you have a disability we will keep this information on record to allow us to make reasonable adjustments as needed.
How we will use your Personal Data
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the role;
Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
Keep records relating to our hiring processes;
Manage recruitment related activities, which includes setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes;
Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We will also use information about any disability you may have to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process.
Such processing is lawful as it is necessary for our legitimate purpose in seeking to attract, evaluate, and select applicants for employment.
Data Sharing: Greenhouse Software Inc
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by us to help manage our recruitment and hiring process. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. This transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the Privacy Shield so as to comply with EU law.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your Rights in Connection with Personal Data
Under the GDPR you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted or transferred.
When you apply for this role, and tick the confirmation box below, you have provided consent for us to process your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. Withdrawal of consent to process your data may mean that we cannot continue with your application to us.
If you wish to exercise the rights granted to you under GDPR please contact: email@example.com.