Waste production is one of the world’s biggest crises and the only viable solution is a complete transition to a circular global economy. As of today, over 90% of the world’s recyclable waste ends up in landfills and incinerators, mainly due to the high cost of manual waste sorting.
At Recycleye, we’re creating a paradigm shift in the global waste management industry by allowing our clients to turn the world’s waste into profit. By combining groundbreaking computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies like never before, we are on a mission to fully automate the $2.5 trillion waste recycling industry.
We already count several of the world’s largest waste management companies amongst our clients (including Veolia, which has a market cap of over £20bn) and are experiencing an accelerated growth in demand from the market. As such, we’re searching for an experienced Project Manager who wants to join a high-growth startup to manage ground-breaking projects in the waste industry.
We’re a project-based company and your primary responsibility will be to lead the retrofitting of cutting edge software and hardware solutions into heavy industrial environments.
The role will require radical rethinking and reworking of traditional processes, including modifying the design of robots to improve installation and maintenance. You will be on-site a lot of the time absorbing information, orchestrating installations, and relaying important information back to our tech and commercial teams.
- Lead multiple projects concurrently involving the retrofitting of software and hardware solutions into client sites;
- With the support of our technical teams, act as the primary technical resource, addressing customer queries and troubleshooting system issues;
- Guide clients through all aspects of a project, including hardware installation, digitisation strategy, and training via regular client meetings and presentations;
- Document and track action items from project kick-off, design review, customer agreement, installation review and post project meetings. Hold regular client project meetings;
- Establish, monitor and maintain budgets through the entire project lifecycle while understanding and showing better ways to provide clear and concise reports;
- Identify areas of improvement in the design, installation, and maintenance of our robotic systems;
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to implement design and procedure changes.
You’re a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about the green revolution;
- Are ambitious and want to change the world;
- Have a growth mindset and are willing to learn and adapt;
- Are excited about being an early-stage hire in a startup.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects at once;
- Experience retrofitting cutting edge software and hardware solutions into heavy industrial environments;
- Experience in a client facing technical role in heavy industry.
- Experience in linking projects milestones with software sprint cycles;
- Supply chain experience;
- Have scaled and managed a team of PMs;
- Technical experience with hardware product and/or metalwork fabrication.
- Competitive salary;
- Ownership: you’ll own a piece of our company through our share option scheme;
- Unlimited holiday;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Extensive upskilling opportunities;
- Career growth opportunities as the company grows.