At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Operations Team of Beyond Meat™ is looking for an outstanding individual to join the team. The Jr Project Manager’s primary role will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day execution and delivery of product offerings within committed timeline. The Jr Project Manager is accountable for the progress of the project; and drives timelines by creating and maintaining schedules (including key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies), understanding the deliverables and the progress toward each milestone, identifying and managing issues, risks, and other potential delays ahead of time, and identifying and driving resolution of all project related risks and issues. The successful candidate will be energetic, results-driven, analytical, & have the ability to foster a collaborative relationship with all stakeholders in addition to having an understanding of a project lifecycle.
- Manages all phases of assigned projects including initiation, definition and planning, execution, monitoring and project close out. Works to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Executes the project according to the project plan. Sets up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured. Monitors the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Capture action items, notes, issues, risks and decisions associated with projects. Provide this information to the project team(s) and perform appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Ensure project remains on timeline by managing schedules, resources and removing barriers.
- Work with project team(s), suppliers and/or management to negotiate changes such as scope, timeline, deliverables and integration points.
- Utilize a “continuous improvement” approach to identify improvement opportunities, leverage creativity and flexibility in determining solutions.
- Facilitates and leads project meetings. Acts as a single point of contact for project status.
- Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments.
- Consistently identifies, implements and socializes the most effective processes, tools, and systems to keep the department current with world-class best practices.
- Actively contributes to the development of the Beyond Meat culture and standards of quality.
- Minimum of 3 years of project coordination / project management, operations or related experience.
- 1 years in a CPG environment managing projects as well as large scale teams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Ability to collaborate daily with a cross functional team in a healthy, robust matrixed environment.
- Competence with MS Office, G-Suite, Excel & PowerPoint.
- ERP systems knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, team building, change management and team leadership experience and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a team, independently, remotely and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Sufficient background knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated high energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity.
- Excellent communication, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to influence development of project objectives and goals.
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%).
- Ability to work in APAC and EMEA time zones
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.