The Project Managers will play a critical role in the delivery of strategic projects and will work very closely with all other functions within RT i.e., Sales & Marketing, Design, Engineering, Sustainability & Environment, Commercial and Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing and Operations. The Project Manager will be able to employ both commercial and technical knowledge to provide internal and external stakeholders with technically compliant and professional solutions, both on time and budget.
- Create detailed project plans from initial concept through the design, engineering, manufacture, install and initial operations phases. These project plans should map out the required deliverables as well as the resources required to deliver these activities.
- Manage project delivery through the design / engineering and execution phases by engaging with project team members, line managers etc., to ensure that plans remain up to date and achievable.
- Manage the project risk and lessons learned process in accordance with RT procedures.
- Report on project progress at a senior management level including the schedule, risks, Lessons Learned, Opportunities, resource management, finance overview and any critical decisions requiring management intervention.
- Communicate the project plan, risks and opportunities to stake holders.
- Assess project feasibility from a Technical, economic, commercial and organisational perspective.
- Lead Scrum teams when required as part of project execution.
- Resolve problems within the project delivery phase, this can either be based on own technical knowledge or the candidate would be expected to set up review meetings and help the team to identify the critical actions and path forward to resolve the issue.
- Contribute to business planning activities as the project representative.
- Support the management of project spend and maintaining and up to date cost estimate for the project.
- Support the development of RT ways of working and procedures with respect to project management.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Engineering Qualification. Preferably degree qualified in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working as a project lead or project manager within an engineering company (e.g EPC, Technology Licensor)
- Effective communicator at all levels of business.
- Effective at stakeholder management.
- Experience in use of project planning and project management software.
- Project management qualification from Prince or PMI or other suitable course.
- Knowledge of Scrum ways of working and leading Scrum teams.
- Experience in all stages of project execution from initial concepts, through to build and operations.
- Experience using smartsheet & Netsuite project management modules
- Experience in delivering project for clients or joint ventures including experience and confidence liaising with external clients.
- Experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical sector or waste to energy sector.
- Experience in delivering projects in accordance with ISO9001 and 140001 requirements.
- Experience in delivering projects within a manufacturing organisation