Rype Office, a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturer based in London, is seeking a full-time Project Manager to deliver client projects.
This is an exciting role at the forefront of the Circular Economy – leading the office fitout industry into a more sustainable era through the reuse of furniture and materials.
Your principal duty will be managing project delivery from award to completion.
We have a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other, and you will become part of this supportive team.
The role will spend most days on client sites across England, Wales and Scotland. When not on site, the role will be based at Rype Office’s premises in West London or High Wycombe.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, is able to work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
Our projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects.
As the business grows there will be opportunity for the candidate to grow and expand their skill set, creating further career opportunities.
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on person with good attention to detail.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaising with designers, clients, subcontractors and our Buying team
- Developing and managing project delivery workplans including pre-delivery preparation,
delivery dates, subcontractor works, and contingency periods
- Arranging site access with the client, including conducting pre-project visits to check access
and preparing site documents (including RAMS)
- Ordering required items in association with our Buying team
- Receiving goods on site and doing quality checks on what is delivered
- Managing subcontractors and the site team, ensuring that key milestones are met
Your key responsibility will be to ensure that projects are built safely, economically and within the agreed timescales, whilst delivering quality.
- Identifying and raising for attention potential future problems, including suggesting solutions
- Monitoring build costs and project progress
- Preparing progress reports
- Day-to-day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
- On site First Aid (training can be provided in this)
- Constantly reinforcing a Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site
- Suggesting improvements to our processes, consistent with our commitment to continuous
You will be working on several projects in parallel, at different stages of preparation. Only one of which will be on site at any time.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience managing furniture installations, Cat A or Cat B fitout projects
- Relevant qualification in an engineering discipline or trade
- Experience in managing teams
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
Desirable (but not essential):
• First Aid training Essential:
• Eligible to work in the UK
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your CV, to Georgette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.