The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join OVO’s Projects & Change Team. You will have experience of technical delivery and business change; you’ll probably have some formal training in change management; but most important you will have genuine talent and a passion for problem solving. You will keep teams motivated and ensure that OVO achieves major strategic objectives.
Project Managers at OVO work across every part of our dynamic and fast-growing business. The lifecycle of a project at OVO demands a truly agile mindset as well as the tools and experience to match. Project Managers who succeed at OVO are fast learners, build great relationships right from the off, understand when to dive into the detail and when to rely on expert team-mates.
What will I be doing?
- Take complete ownership of your project; delivering at speed but never compromising on quality;
- Bring the best of OVO’s wealth of talented individuals to mobilise highly effective delivery teams;
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement.
- End to end project management in a highly Agile environment
- Excellent senior stakeholder management
- Project kick-offs including success criteria definition
- Project governance routines
- In-life reporting and forecasting on project timings, cost, and scope
- Risk and issue management
- Creation and management of high performing delivery teams
- Benefits tracking and realisation
- Supplier management and contract negotiation
- Business readiness and transition to a stable BAU environment
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years experience of successfully managing medium to large projects that include technical and business process change
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications
- Strong stakeholder management skills from working to Director level
- Experience of leadership across functional teams (such as multiple product teams)
- Strong facilitation skills – specifically the ability to galvanise teams and stakeholders around an issue/opportunity
- The ability to understand project detail / complexity and translate this into strategic decisions and recommendations
- Experience of, and aptitude for, working within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- The ability to meaningfully and appropriately challenge, but commit wholly once a decision is made
- Alignment of remits and dependencies between contributing teams enabling project delivery
- The ability to time-manage and prioritise workload
- The tenacity to go that extra mile for your customer(s)
- A practical understanding of project management and Agile theory, experience of working with Agile principles and techniques (desirable)
- Formal training and certifications in change management and agile methodology (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Energy utility processes and technologies (desirable)
You’ll love working with us if you…
- Are passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
- Enjoy understanding the impact and opportunities of change, and converting this understanding into new concepts and recommendations
- Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
- Love developing talent in your colleagues
- Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.